One Chance in Dever to record shop

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I'm going to Denver tomorrow for a wedding and then back on Sunday. I might have one opportunity to record shop in Denver (other provinces less likely, though if there is an OUTSTANDING shop...) and want some advice from the REEL HEDZ that know...I'm looking for everything...Hip Hop, vintage Soul...etc...and I only want vinyl...Much Appreciated...i was going to call this "digging for denver nuggets" but sounded too ayo, so i just bit off dude who posted yesterday about nyc.side tracking... maybe strutters should compile a record shopping guide to america and other noteworthy cities. like the essential places to find rackords in the world, but only reliable stores/shows/fleamarkets

Comments

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Thrifts are surprisingly weak. There are three main stores to hit, one expensive but sleepy and two cheap and sleepy. If you get the list off that record store directory thingy I will tell you what they are. If you don't know what I'm talking about google "record stores" and you will find it pretty quick.

d

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i didn't know about recordstorereview.com before but now i do. good lookin' out.

so from the following:
    jerry's record exchange
    wax trax
    twist & shout...

which would you recommend? (for sweet soul and deep funk mostly)

• black and read too
    denver has the best collection of record shops outside of SF/nyc

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Jerrys, Twist and Wax Trax are all in about a three mile radius of each other located in the heart of beautiful Downtown Cowtown and shouldnt be missed. Black and Read is about 30 mins away from these three, but DEFINETLY worth the trip. Beware this weekend is the Grand Prix, so getting around migh be a little tricky. enjoy.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    'Sup fam,

I'm in Denver a week from Friday - probably for 24-48 hours. I'm not trying to blow up anyone's spots but if I only had about half a day to dig, what places might folks recommend? PM me if you prefer.

Also - I don't suppose anyone has any soul/funk nights jumping off that Friday?

Thanks,

O.W.