Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
so dope this is getting a proper reissue on Light In The Attic. It's such a cool record that I originally found out about from this site (thanks Reynaldo). I never knew about the crazy back story though!
Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

Comments

• damn thats cool. But it doesnt say what version they are using - disturbingly the story there doesnt even mention there are two totally different mixes of the album. a proper re-release should have both the "regular" and "drums up" versions. if they have to choose, the "drums up" one has to be the one. Anyone have any idea what theyre planning?

• There's a documentary about Jim Sullivan either out or in the works. Day put me up on it via teh Facebooks.

• tewztewz 11 Posts
    Rosey .... damn. Begging to be sampled.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    The reissue is the Monnie press (drums version). I agree, would have been cool to have both versions, although the Century City press is much easier to come by than the Monnie press.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Rosey was a track that i found out from here and i am so grateful. Glad this release is getting light.
    Thanks, SS.

• tewz said:

I believe it has been. By Masta Ace on the Slaughtahouse album.

• Herm said:
    tewz said:

I believe it has been. By Masta Ace on the Slaughtahouse album.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Great LP, I'm pleased to see that it's getting a long over due reissue. I'm thinking of adding it to my Christmas present list as I only own the Century City press.

• I'm pretty sure they're using the Monnie mix

Rosie has been sampled a few times

Not sure if there's a *full* documentary? Or just a long promo vid?

I really don't think the difference in the mixes is all that drastic, having heard both.

Full Disclosure: I own the Century City issue and will probably still take home a copy of the re once it arrives in my shop.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    karlophone said:
    damn thats cool. But it doesnt say what version they are using - disturbingly the story there doesnt even mention there are two totally different mixes of the album. a proper re-release should have both the "regular" and "drums up" versions. if they have to choose, the "drums up" one has to be the one. Anyone have any idea what theyre planning?

It actually doesn't make any mention of the later, major release of the album (which is really weird) - it only talks about the "demo" version which is what this is.

• Really glad this is getting a proper release, Rosey is a full on :face_melt: for me... and nice to see that it is Earl Palmer, as I've read on teh internets. No vinyl yet?