Mens 3/4 Length Coats Suggestions

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
any one know any retail outlets that sell nice ones? i am looking all over online but i cant come to purchase one without trying it on. i am in NYC so any smaller shop or even larger chain stores...

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    not sure if they have any 3/4 lengths, but Dunderdon is pretty unfuckwithable. they have a store in Soho.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The Canali store in Manhattan will have some nice 3/4 length coats.

Canali New York
    25 Broad Street
    New York, NY 10004
    Tel. +1 212 842 8700
    Fax +1 212 842 8702
    newyork.shop@canali.it

http://www.canali.it/english/homepage.php#/homepage

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I would also check at Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren Polo.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Nordstrom and Macy's might be a good first line of exploration and you're likely to encounter decent sale pricing this time of year. Are you looking for a classic peacoat or a more casual trenchcoat (I'm assuming peacoat)? Try it on before purchasing; I recommend trying it on over a sweater to make sure you can still bend your elbows if/when you ever wear thick clothing underneath. You can find a good-quality coat for under $100, unless you're into brand names and whatnot. One note of caution is that wool can make some folks itchy, which is what many peacoats are made of (basically the classic textile for them). You're in NYC, so you've got more retail options that the rest of us. Feel free to poast your finds in the heels thread. I promise either Herm or Bassie (but not likely both) will love it.

• Almond said:
    Feel free to poast your finds in the heels thread. I promise either Herm or Bassie (but not likely both) will love it.

Ha!!!

• if you're on Jack Threads (use this link to sign up & buy something -- I'll get $10), this Joseph Abboud jacket is on sale for $200 down from $400 if that's within your price range. don't know if it's what you're looking for either. they do have 30 day returns though.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    If you are in NYC just go outside and I am sure that you will literally walk into several spots that sell quarter length coats no offense but SS is one of the last places I would look for fashion advice records yes clothes no

• What do you mean by coat? Like a sport coat or a winter coat or what?

Price range?

• www.dhgate.com

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    If you are in NYC just go outside and I am sure that you will literally walk into several spots that sell quarter length coats no offense but SS is one of the last places I would look for fashion advice records yes clothes no

having met several board members and knowing most are mature adults I think it's safe to say I can get quite a few good suggestions (which I have). gonna stop by Macys and while not what I'm exactly looking for just may have to stop into Dunderdon. I'm feeling a few of their items.

• Depending on your price range: I would look for stuff from Patrik Ervell, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Dunhill (the shearling jawn that they came out with this season is so dope), or if you feel like really balling go with Jil Sander. You might want to try going to Opening Ceremony; OC has a lot of stuff across a number of price ranges that fits a variety of aesthetics.

• behemoth said:

having met several board members and knowing most are mature adults I think it's safe to say I can get quite a few good suggestions (which I have). gonna stop by Macys and while not what I'm exactly looking for just may have to stop into Dunderdon. I'm feeling a few of their items.

I found a wool 3/4 length cK dark charcoal color with a subtle plaid coat at the Macy's at Queens Center for about $190 (I know, I hear it and I don't care).

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    J Crew Men's Store, too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Almond said:
    Try it on before purchasing; I recommend trying it on over a sweater to make sure you can still bend your elbows if/when you ever wear thick clothing underneath.

But do NOT allow a salesperson to talk you into going a size large in order to accommodate sweaters, etc.

They always try this and they are always wrong.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    willie_fugal said:

Watches Broadway Empire w/ cute non-Caucasoid girlfriend, eatin some freshly baked magic brownies, wearin scuffed up earthtone 90's era New Balance, talmbout the latest poll count, while looking for crusty regional folk rekkids on his Ipod......................."where do I eat in San Diego for the 100th time?"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Almond said:
    You can find a good-quality coat for under $100, unless you're into brand names and whatnot.

SALVATION ARMY/USED!!!!!!!!!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    behemoth said:

I found a wool 3/4 length cK dark charcoal color with a subtle plaid coat at the Macy's at Queens Center for about $190 (I know, I hear it and I don't care).

i think i just bought the same exact coat at Macy's. like 10 minutes ago.