DJ's- do you insist on getting paid upfront?

DjWilldernessDjWillderness 66 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Do you DJ's insist on getting paid upfront or do you get paid after the gig? ever had getting paid afterwards backfire? how do you handle getting paid before you go on, if you do that?

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Although the amount of payment is fixed I want to have customers feedback and give my own feedback before getting paid.
    Getting paid upfront is exclusively detectives and hookers.

• i would usually get paid afterwards, unless i felt as though i was dealing with some shady cats...i have had getting paid afterwards backfire on me once, the promoter of the party didnt do enough promoting, which meant none of the djs got paid that night..

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Normally I don't ask for cash in advance but This Halloween I was booked by some younger party promoters and I asked to be paid in full up front. I got the loot set up and 10mins in the promoter tells me there shutting it down because the venue was concerned with underage drinking. I gave them half there money back which seemed fair to them and I. A standard business practice would be to require a non refundable deposit to hold the date but it just depends on how formal you wanna get with it.