What is this song please?

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Just bumping this back up the board as I damn well know this song and I need to speak to my ladyfriends to get the name of it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thanks!
    Yea, I've asked a bunch of people and no luck.
    I guess I can always ask the person who posted it, but I dunno...I tripped on this through someone else's page and it would just be weird....HELP!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't do facebook, so I can't see what you linked to.

REALLY nice present-day r&b song, female vocals.
    I can't check FB at work to give you some lyrics.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,103 Posts
    Has anyone tried to Shazam the video? Doubt it would be in there, but you never know...

Edit: Also, SoundHound, which I hear is "better" than Shazam...

what does that mean!?

These are apps for your non-existent (?) iPhone that can identify what song is playing in the luminferous ether.

BTW this song is real nice.

LOL - yes, you are right.
    (about my non-existent phone)

and the song!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I tried Shazam-ing it right after you posted. Even Googled the lyrics, but to no avail. I guess I could have replied to let you know that. Sounds kind of deeper than Keyshia Cole.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    From the singing it sounds like someone's demo tape. I take it the theme of the song is sex as a drug.

^ Yeah, I kinda thought it might be THEIR song, but then how would Junior damn well know this song?

shocking!
    deeper than Keyshia?...not sure I would describe her light!
    It's a bit hard because it's off a computer in a video, but still, I don't know enough about current r&b to recognize the voice.

Almond said:
    deeper than Keyshia Cole

Rick Ross' new album?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah I have to admit I wondered the same thing about it being something they put together but I'm about 90% sure I've heard this song before. It's hard to tell now as I've listened to it a number of times trying to trigger my brain but when I first clicked on the link it instantly sounded really familiar to me both on the beat and lyrics. If it is a demo and I haven't heard it before they damn well need to release it.

I'm started to worry that it wasn't released now as was expecting a strutter (probably batmon) to step in here and clear it up.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Deeper as in Keyshia's voice is higher.

Hold on - one of the people tagged in there is Tashay Wiggins, right?
    OK - she did the r&b vocals for B.James on 'In My Blood' from Scarface's Dopeman Music tape.
    If that is her song and she has something out - I need it!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I send a song id request to dude.

Yea, I think that's what I have to do. Especially if it's her song, we need to know how to cop.

If it's unreleased, try to hook up the white label mp3.

haha...but :( on the inside

Dude was like...."Who are U?"

• batmon said:

Tell him you have connections with G.O.O.D. Records NYC and ask him to mail a demo along with a bio to Jonny.

Herm said:
    batmon said:

Tell him you have connections with G.O.O.D. Records NYC and ask him to mail a demo along with a bio to Jonny.

"Yeah.....Im A&R for GOOD Records n' shit. Johnny wants to know what kinda car u drive?"

• Pronounced Jon-yay.

I'm skipping the dude and going straight to her.

Oh, and much love and respect for Jonny and GRNY, but I'm repping for me!

le update?

It is Wiggins, but her bro, a producer, holds the rights. I tried to find him, but no luck. I haven't had a chance to pick it back up.
    I am trying not to go back to her to ask for his contact for fear of seeming creepy.

If I don't get him, I think I will go back to her. But in a little while, in order not to crowd.

D.R.A.M.A.

Just kidding - thanks for the info.