MarcoFunk again.......

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Is it just me or is he ruining the price curve for many records?By him overbidding on every fucking LP and other people knowing that each bid he puts down is probably $500 they are just fucking with him and bidding it up more, he is making dealers/sellers believe that the price he's paying is now the real price.I'm pissed. I feel violence towards this guy. What's up with people TMing my phrase?

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    is there a specific example you are thinking of?

he probably should figure out how to use a bidsnipe, save himself a couple bucks, not that financials seem to matter much in his case...

- is this the dude from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

---

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Yes... he is fucking up the game big time. All these crazy ass auctions that he is winning will go in a popsike database and some dipshit will think the records are worth that much.

As a seller, I ain't hating, though.

• I would think you would have absolutely no problem with his bidding tactics B - shit, I'd probably even offer him a "happy ending" on auctions like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4748108669

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4751841344

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

AA,

I'm not hating, just saying that if I was bidding on all this shit I'd save it til the last seconds.

if by 'happy ending' you mean 'greatly discounted express shipping w/ tracking #'...

he needs to diversify into 45 collecting.

---

• if by 'happy ending' you mean 'greatly discounted express shipping w/ tracking #'...

he needs to diversify into 45 collecting.

that's not the kind of happy ending I'm talking about...

there would be a lot of pissed off 50+ year old dudes pissed off at the end of their massage if they just got greatly discounted shipping.

Anyways, I'm not sayin' you're hatin', just havin' a little fun, I know you're much more smart/classier on the consumer end of this game.

SONIC

I was a Regional Sales Manager & Customer Service Supervisor for 'problem clients' at an international publishing company for years.

I've found that most professional business techniques have universal applications since entering the record game full-time.

---

• Why yall hating on Reynaldo like that

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I was a Regional Sales Manager & Customer Service Supervisor for 'problem clients' at an international publishing company for years.

in a certain sense, you still are.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Why yall hating on Reynaldo like that

This dude makes Reynaldo look like Hcrink. King Kong ain't got nuttin on him.

"does it have private breaks?"

• Why yall hating on Reynaldo like that

This dude makes Reynaldo look like Hcrink. King Kong ain't got nuttin on him.

"does it have private breaks?"

I know, I'm just joshing... but it's the same idea, that one guy who's willing to drop $xxxx on records fucks up the pricing curve...

Even from a seller's point of view this can fuck up the game, I mean we have to buy this stuff still right? And any idiot with ebay/popsike is sitting there like "Harlem River Drive? that just went for $160!" The wholesale market gets hit too.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    what I dont understand is the consistency of his buying...

How can he even enjoy the records that he just bought? IMPOSSIBLE. When they arrive in the mail, he probably checks the condition, files them away, ...and goes back to ebay.

What a fucking tool.

• When they arrive in the mail, he probably checks the condition, files them away

Lots of folks do this though. Including quite a few on this site, no doubt.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    seems like he doesnt check condition as much as style of music, based on his feedback.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    he bought some shitty Statler record from me & every day I got emails like, "Where my record is? Not is here! Need Americano Breakzfunkraer now!"

And, this was after he took 2 weeks to paypal me.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    And any idiot, or record store owner[/b], with ebay/popsike is sitting there like "Harlem River Drive? that just went for $160!" The wholesale market gets hit too.

When the mom & pop local spots run everything through Popsike, GEMM & eBay, SHEESH!

Making it real hard to come up anymore.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I like how monsieur-smiling gave up and let the madame take over.

"honey, maybe you should handle this one."

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    This goes back to what I was saying.

He's pissing mad people off it seems so people are creating names just to inflate his winning price. Not that he cares.

Mark-ass, nathan-ass, trick-ass, mark-ass buster.

• It takes two to tango

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    It was about time that some very rich dude would start a record buying fashion. I was waiting for something like that. You know how much some rich people spend on rare books or classical music! Why not buy rare funk and soul records? Records are even more enjoyable than most books. RARE and quite a money investment.

• Options
    It takes two to tango

+

Demand is what you are willing to pay.

K.

P.S. He's caught some stuff for a decent price, too. Whther he knows that or not remains to be heard.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Marcofunk

• The problem is that this guy is buying some pathetic records. It is like some person who wants to be a fashion label hoe throwing down $650 for an Old Navy knock off when he thinks he is getting Oscar De La Renta.

Have any of you ever heard that record The Peaceables Easy Greasy?

That is the biggest joke ever! I think it is a bad traditional jazz record or something.

Now I have been guilty of selling that peice of shit for $60 but that price is painful.

I told you guys about how Marco bought that Jackie McVea jump blues reissue on ACE and how he got angry because he thought it was gonna be a funk record. A FUNK RECORD, Dude we are talking about a well known jump blues artist from the 1950's!

I personally can say that the bid history on that one item is a joke. Someone reeled this dude in and jacked up through the roof.

On some of these items this Marco guy got into legit bidding wars but you know what? It takes two to tango but good luck out there with this moron. GrantGreenRecords and shit.

I rememeber when Hip Hop was hot some kid in Tibiron got a hold of his parents credit card and was spending $100 to $250 and album for BDP, NWA and the like. This was back in 2001.

Oh the pleasures of eBay.

• I COMMAND ONE OF YOU TO TAP THIS...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4754798071

it's a " great " funk record. you will love it. maybe you can win it.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think Mr. Marcofunk deserves a proper invitation to what is Soul Strut, so a word can be had with him in person.

I mean, we already know he's on the internet ALL DAY.

Bring on the DRAMA.

Who's up for it?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i really enjoy the fact that the record stores i go to don't sell on ebay. it's great.

i wont say i wish this marco dude would bid on my records i have up now on ebay, but i wont be mad if he did

by the way this dude look like he got serious cake or a serious line of credit

• " This one came in with other 3 but j.mcvea is 50's or 60's sound!!!!! AND I HATE "

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

THATS SO HYSTERICAL!!!!!!

• http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4754798071

you guys slept on a rare private.

good price on this rare funk...

go marco!

• If you look at anything he bids on, he ends up paying at least 50% more than it should cost.

example A:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4754237184

holy fuck ! try 300 percent!
    I sold that record for like 30 bucks and I thought I was getting over.
    The guy is in italy where a lot of these records are probably pretty impossible to get.

BTW, I'm not hatting he just won an auction from me, and sent the money right away.