Options

No Romo No Mo

edited October 2010 in Strut Central
With Tony Romo out for a probable 8-10 weeks with a broken clavicle, the Cowboys will be lucky if they finish with more than 3 wins. Jon Kitna is a 38 year old QB who sucked out loud 10 years ago and has nothing to offer.

Here's what the Cowboys should do.

1. Trade Romo to the Vikings in the off season. It's the obvious trading partner. The Vikings will be desperate for a competent QB since Favre is done, and let's face it, Romo is not Peyton or Brady. If you can get a high first for him and maybe much more from a desperate Viking franchise you're on the way to rebuilding your sorry team. There are a few other teams that would be interested, too, but the Vikings have the most incentive. They bit on Herschel, maybe you can fleece them twice.

2. Fire Wade. Fire Garrett.

3. Don't hire the overrated Cowher. Hire the best 40-ish coach you can find.

4. Get a real general manager, Jerrah. You suck at the job.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll be fine with a World Series win and a 1-15 Cowboys.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    I'll be fine with a World Series win and a 1-15 Cowboys.

Yeah, you'd have to make that trade any day.

Any thoughts on my Romo trade idea?

BobDesperado said:

He has very little value.

He's closer to Carson Palmer than Eli Manning.

And quite frankly, that's not very good.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:

He has very little value.

He's closer to Carson Palmer than Eli Manning.

And quite frankly, that's not very good.

If you're the Vikings and you're looking at Tavaris Jackson or rolling the dice with a rookie when you've got an aging team in some key areas I think Romo looks like a very tempting choice.

He's had 4 consecutive years with a QB rating over 90%. It's a flawed stat, but he's not garbage. He'll draw interest if the Cowboys put him out there, and at this point they need to blow it up and start over.

Would you stick with him and hope their overrated talent finds a way to make it work?

• Watching the game tonight as a Skins fan, I was confused as to who to root for. Some of me leaned over for the Cowboys so that New York would have the same record as us and we would reclaim the top spot of the NFC East, but the other part of me wanted the Giants to win because if the Cowboys won against the Giants that would probably springboard them back on a hot streak.

Now with this Romo injury, it's practically become a 3-way race for the top spot in the NFC East. And the way this season is going so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 wild card spots were claimed by NFC East teams. I don't think that Romo will get traded. If anything, Hank Hill and Leif Garrett are done this year and Jerry Jones will find some humility and get a general manager to make the "football" decisions.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Tony Homo is trending on Twitter atm..... (and yo I aint making a joke here...thats the TT) I had no idea who Tony Romo was till i read about it all on Twitter

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

HarveyCanal said:

I wouldn't be too cocky HC...we haven't lost to anyone as bad as the Browns yet.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I wouldn't be too cocky HC...we haven't lost to anyone as bad as the Browns yet.

What did you say? Can't hear you as I'm still jumping up and down watching replays of Tracy Porter returning that Peyton Manning interception for a td.

• As an Eagles fan, I love watching the Cowboys self destruct. The finger pointing, the coaches, the owner, the wannabe celebrity more than they want to be football players.
    But I think they will keep Romo. They will blame all his faults on Garret. He's definitely gone. They'll get a good coordinator from somewhere. Nobody too big cause Jerry isn't gonna have anybody callin the shots but him.

• It is interesting to see what the Vikings are going to do next year with Favre on the way out. Both them and Dallas need the QB spot stronger in the years to come so it might be wise of both teams to lose as many games as possible to see who gets a higher draft pick next year.

HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

What did you say? Can't hear you as I'm still jumping up and down watching replays of Tracy Porter returning that Peyton Manning interception for a td.

After last nights loss Wade "Hank Hill" Phillips reminded us all that just last year the Cowboys won 11 games and won a playoff game too.

Do you think a single Cowboy fan gives a rats ass about what happened last year?

Uh huh.