fuck! I just sprained my ankle!

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwhat should I do?do I need a doctor?ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comments

• R - rest
    I - ice
    C - compression
    E - elevation

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    done!

• hi A**a

do I need a doctor?

YES!!

and sorry, hope you get better.

• ouch. .too much sexy shoe wearin' huh? peace, stein. . .

• oh...sprained. i somehow read broke. wouldnt hurt to have a doc check it anyway.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Man you and Danno should get a hospital room together!

Unless you really think you worked it bad I don't know if you really need a doctor. If it's just a light sprain they'll just give you the RICE speach. But if you don't even think you can walk on it and it's swellling like Danno's did then go to the doctor an see if you should be on crutches. If you have insurance then it can't hurt to go. i don't have insurance so I have to be pretty messed up to go to a doctor.

Get well soon!

Look at it this way now you have an excuse to spend all day on the internet!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    what should I do?

Get together with Danno, and bust a Kid n play.

- spidey

haha, no I don't really rock stilletos on the regular. I was in sandal-y shoes chasing my dog in the front yard and I stepped in a pothole and bit it hard.

shit is still KILLING
    but fuck an ER visit, I just need someone to bring me some tape, dizzy?

• Look at it this way now you have an excuse to spend all day on the internet!

damn. sorry again.

• hell no dont go to a doctor unless u just want the pain pills. He aint gonna tell u nothing but what people have already told you. take it easy, stay off of it, lay up in bed eating lortabs/vicodin/lorcets and you will be ok. No kickball for a few weeks though.

• sorry Anna, take care of that paw

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    R - rest
    I - ice
    C - compression
    E - elevation
    This is good advice. I usually put my whole foot and ankle in a bucket of ice and water for about 15 minutes and then try to keep it elevated. Try to ice it several times a day for the next couple days.

• RICE anna and dont walk on it. stay off it. take some pain pills or some nyquil or some shit and just chill. it will be better in a few days. if it is super swollen and you cannot move it at all tomorrow then go to the doctor and remember RICE. you need that ICE. that will help bigtime. 20 minutes on... 20 minutes off. cold enough to numb you.

take care.

ap

thanks y'all

my girl is coming over with some ice packs and an ace bandage

• no asprin though, prolongs the clotting time of blood and may cause more bleeding into the ankle.. tylenol or ibuprofen ok though

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I cannot stress enough the benefits of early icing. Crucial to cutting down on your recovery time. I have had some nasty sprains and have this shit down. Trust me.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    take care of it, and DO NOT walk or run on it before it's better. as a young buck i sprained both my ankles over and over skating. i'd always hop right back on before i was fully healed and just fuck it up again. now i'm 27 and cant walk 15 manhattan blocks without my ankles swelling up and having to hail a cab. you should be fine though.

I cannot stress enough the benefits of early icing. Crucial to cutting down on your recovery time. I have had some nasty sprains and have this shit down. Trust me.

I think my early icing helped, shit looks a lot better than I thought it would this morning, hurts, but i can put a little weight on it

thanks Dr. Soulstrut!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    my sympathies anna; having just hung up the crutches i was using for my ankle, i know how much it sucks

i went to the emergency room because my sprain sent me into shock, but ultimately they didn't do anything for me except provide crutches and some strong painkillers

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I think my early icing helped, shit looks a lot better than I thought it would this morning, hurts, but i can put a little weight on it

thanks Dr. Soulstrut!

Excellent. Keep the weight off it for awhile and keep icing at least for today.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

If I didn't know better, I'd say someone's put a curse on the moderhaters - has anyone heard from Mark & Sketch?

Peace

h

• Anna! You should have called me!!!!

i went to the emergency room because my sprain sent me into shock, but ultimately they didn't do anything for me but provide some strong painkillers

How does one sprain thy ankle?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I sprained it getting off a bus. I put my left down a little funky and I was down for the count. Pretty silly, eh?

I sprained it getting off a bus. I put my left down a little funky and I was down for the count. Pretty silly, eh?

Sorry I remebered your thread, I was just joking......how do you sprain your ankle the best so you get painkillers!!!! That's why I used the head gream. Cuz med heads know all kinds of tricks to get the painkillers. My favorite is "I'm deathly afraid of flying".