Ikea

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I know yall fuck with them Swedes with all the expedit talk and shit, so here's the deal:I had a grip of furniture delivered today and in putting one of the things together I realized they gave me to left sides instead of a left and a right.has anyone had this problem? is Ikea good with customer service? am I gonna have to haul that shit all the way back to Jersey?

Comments

• you 100% sure. i thought i had this prob with a bunch of their stuff but i just wasn't paying attention to the instructions closely. peace, stein. . .

• they've been fuckin up big time. a friend of mine bought a lamp with 24 pieces. came with 23. she didn't return it though, just hid the missing piece. other stories too but i'll let those who should remain nameless tell them if they wish to....

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    my expedit had one whole corner mangled off, and two massive gouges, all on the top peice. Problem is i had put it all together bar the top before i saw them, having always been facing away from me. Tried to take it back and some feminazi bitch with short red hair wouldnt let me, complaining about how i probably damaged it in transit or construction blah blah blah. Went home and came back the next day, to a lovely plump blonde lady, took it back no worries and gave me a new allen key incase i couldnt find it, plus some extra brackets to wall mount.

middle aged women are so my target audeince for getting what i want.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    you 100% sure. i thought i had this prob with a bunch of their stuff but i just wasn't paying attention to the instructions closely. peace, stein. . .

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you 100% sure. i thought i had this prob with a bunch of their stuff but i just wasn't paying attention to the instructions closely. peace, stein. . .

yeah

(I was gonna take flicks but it was more trouble than it was worth.)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    take that stuff to a German Ikea. The service is here is totally awesome. I can return anything. I once tried to return a piece that I put together wrongly. The lady smiled at me and said that I wold either get a full refund or a new piece!

Call their service. If they deliver furniture to Jersey, they should offer you to pick up the old piece and bring a new one to your door. Has worked for me...

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I know yall fuck with them Swedes with all the expedit talk and shit, so here's the deal:

I had a grip of furniture delivered today and in putting one of the things together I realized they gave me to left sides instead of a left and a right.

has anyone had this problem? is Ikea good with customer service? am I gonna have to haul that shit all the way back to Jersey?

I dont know what piece you are referring to, but I do know that some of there doors are universal (both left AND right). Double check it, flip it over, turn it around, you might be suprised...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    As I recall the left and right sides are the same. It's easy to get the bottom, top and sides mixed up as they look a lot alike.