Bout to hit the big 35!!

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
So, I'm turning 35 yrs old Oct. 24th and have some plans to go out on the 23rd. The wife is throwing me a party at a bar / club at Power Plant Live (B-more) and then we're (me, wifey & a few close friends) hitting a few strip clubs, as we do every year.

My question is this: Considering that I've been married for 10 yrs and have a 7 yr old daughter, I don't feel a day over 25 but sometimes I catch myself acting like I'm 50. Does the Strutt think life should slow down a bit by the time you hit 35 or should it get a little more interesting?

Comments

• Happy Birthday man! I am turning 33 on the 17th of this month. And by all means, live life full no matter what your age, but still be responsible. I still feel 25 too and live as big as possible. Keep your head in the clouds but still live with your feet on the ground. Feel me?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn i hit 36 in July i dont feel a day older, its weird some people get all depressed and shit like its the end of the world, but your only as old as you feel.. live it to the fullest brother!

• InnerSpace said:
    Happy Birthday man! I am turning 33 on the 18th of this month. Feel me?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm turning 35 two weeks from today. I can already feel myself maturing. It's fucked up.

• 4YearGraduate said:
    InnerSpace said:

Nice man, you, me and John Mayer are the same age-ish.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Congrats. I did 35 two years ago. I'll be 37 on the 26th of this month. Feeling better now than I did at 35. You're not over the hill yet.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Turned 36 this year and honestly things just get better and better. Like 25 was great but 26-29 were tough as fuck for me. I turned 30 and everything started to fall into place.

Edit: I don't think I answered your question... Sure things change but that's because one changes and your perspectives of life are different and more refined, I think. Shit, I've been with my (now) wife for 11 years and, although we don't have kids, we're working on it ;) - but also we're home owners and our careers are going great. He have money in the bank and a future. Sure, I go out and spin at clubs and see people wilding out and every once in a while I wish I could still do that. Well, truth be told every once in a while I DO that haha, even though my body can't take it like it could when I was 22. And I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who live like fucking rock stars but that's cool. My idea of bliss is a nice quiet night at home with my wife eating a good meal and watching a movie. But it all is part of the balance of being an actual grown-up I guess.

I hope that helps you out and answers your questions my man.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Just turned 26 on the 13th. Lot's of Libra's in this thread. Hope 26-29 isn't tough for me. 21-25 was just a tad in some respects. I'll take it though.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Man I turned 37 in July....once you hit 35 it is all over the hill from there....break out the ben gay and the ensure...don't forget to cop that aarp card....and at least you can sit in that senior citizen up in the front of the bus and by senior meals at Denny's.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i'm going to sound like a weirdo but i'm turning either 35 or 34 at the end of the month. i'm going to have to do the math on that one. (just asked the wife and i'm 33). yeah the mind starts to go and i get achey easier from exercise -- but life is better. you cook better, you now put more into the (rarer) times you go all out partying, and you have things a little more figured out.

plus for most guys, we look better as each year passes. sean connery moves.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Have a good one! I turn 27 on the 30th here. I feel happy, young and ambitious. I am thankful that I am lucky by most standards; have a good job, friends and family, going to school, no children, a place to stay, food to eat...

Incidentally, 27 is my "lucky number", for whatever reason, and has been for a long time.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    u old

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    my mid-late 20s were kind of tough but 27 was a great year for me, maybe my best.

• Just turned 39. Can't wait to hit 40 so I can buy a convertible, re live my club days, and do everything else I always wanted to.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm actually pretty good with where I am with life, family, money, etc. I just wanted to see where everyone's head was on this topic. I'm a firm believer in "you're only as old as you feel" and having such a great & beautiful wife and such a happy & fun daughter, that alone keeps me feeling pretty full of life. My daughter make it easy to get up in the morning and my wife makes it easy to jump in bed at night ;-) (bang, bang, bang, bang)

I hope I feel the same at 40.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    InnerSpace said:

I'm 33 today! Happy days gents.