Set Sales HOT or NOT (r.r.)

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i like em' what do you think? peace, stein. . .

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i like em'

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I may have some stuff for you then

• i like em' what do you think? peace, stein. . .

very hot i've bought more records off strutters in the past month than in the past years combined.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Definitely HOT.

And it's always a trip waiting for the PM about if the item is already sold or not.

Sorta like that moment before the green check or red X.

More set sales, please.

And if anybody has an Archie Whitewater for me, holler?!

• Definitely HOT.

And it's always a trip waiting for the PM about if the item is already sold or not.

yeah the tension is deadly. sort of like waiting for your mail deliverer to see if she/he has any "presents" for you.

• Options
    Looks good from here.

K.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i like em, but i seem to always get to the party late and denied the heat.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Looks good from here.

K.

Indeed. I think this is a great look for Soulstrut. Keep it in the family. I hope it's fruitful for folks, and I hope more folks step up with some set sales.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I've been meaning to start a thread like this myself.

The set sale is awesome. I am 10 times more likely to but something froma set sale list than i am from someone's ebay post.

Sayin'

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I am 10 times more likely to but something froma set sale list than i am from someone's ebay post.

That's good to know.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    they seem to be pretty hot right now

• i like em, but i seem to always get to the party late and denied the heat.

Just a heads up Maru, I think you need to set your PMs to accept. I wasn't able to respond to your message.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i like em, but i seem to always get to the party late and denied the heat.

come to my record sale on saturday and ill give you some heat cuddles...

...and bring some money cause my loving is good.

• These set sales are looking nice. I see a lot of people are putting them up. Hopefully one day I will have a good amount to be able to put on a SET SALE.

• how many records is a good amount for a good SET SALE? peace, stein. . .

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    You gotta have at least 10 or so pieces i reckon. Any less and they have to be more along the lines of baller records. I mean, if I'm looking at a set sale list, I usually doin't wanna grab just one thing unless i am super keen on it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    how many records is a good amount for a good SET SALE? peace, stein. . .

I missed out on that Archie Whitewater

I think 30 records is a good number. Actually, the more the better... juliano's old lists were fun to read through.

Sometimes I do special set-sale lists, depending on who it is, like when I sent you that list of just drums. custom made joints.

peace.

• Sometimes I do special set-sale lists, depending on who it is, like when I sent you that list of just drums. custom made joints.

i peeped your ebay stuff. looks good. stein. .

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yo, I dont even fuck around with ebay. But this is alot more enticing.

wayyy better.

• I am 10 times more likely to buy something froma set sale list than i am from someone's ebay post.

cosine!!! keep the 'set sails' coming!

• inspiring

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'd rather be doing set sales, but a lot of the time I don't know what to charge for a record so I start it at $6.95.

Dealing with eBay is a hassle as well (waiting 7 days, preparing turbo lister, summer slumps). That's why I think the set sales are on fire in the classifieds forum right now. It's nice to do a little something for the ss heads and get some return.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the set sales are good in my book.

would love to see more.

i read them while i eat my morning oatmeal.

since were on the subject...

what is the general feeling of the others?

is this the way you like to buy records?

would pictures be more helpful (this would be an over the top job to work on though so remember that)?

how about the pricing?

are descriptions helpful or should we just list artist and titles?

theres a number of dealers here on the board who would love to put the records yall need on your shelves while putting money in our pockets which helps to buy new records for yall!!! see its a cycle that works...

lurkers, dealers, buyers... feel free to comment...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    definitely HOT.

Everyone has their own list style which is good. The prices are all pretty reasonable. No one is being outrageous, pushing it a bit, but not outrageous. Pretty pictures are good, but if you have a truckload, it makes it too much stuff to wade through.

Je les aime.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    -i think pictures can work in some instances. sometimes can clutter the page. i liked kidinquisitive's spread though. looked good.

-detailed grading is a must.

-i like the descriptions as well... especially w/ small label stuff that i have no idea what it is.

-soundclips work great too... although as a seller i haven't slighest idea how to make 'em.

-as far as how often i buy from set sale lists- very very rarely to be completely honest. pricing is always the issue. i love to look at the lists, checking to see if there's something i'm dying to have. but it would seem (and i am guilty of this as well) that prices are generally quite high on stuff (not always). that generally seems to be the method with set sales- price high. so i often don't buy anything unless i've been searching for it for a long time and it's high on the mental list.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    What I look for in set sale lists are honest prices. A lot of sellers are AFRAID to price shit to move. Don't get greedy. That's what eBay is for.

cool... yeah i know some of my prices are pushing the market value if not over slightly...

as a buyer though, and as a digger, if you see something youre after and the price is over your head you cant be afraid to holler at a dealer/seller and offer another value that youre comfortable with. dont throw a dime at a grant but if you drop down $5/10/+, especially if you have another record or two in the pocket, youre going to get laced by me and im sure other cats as well.

yeah maybe pictures would be good... i had some stuff to throw up but ill do some group shots first...

JESUS CHRIST ITS ONLY 830A?!?!?! fuck... ive been up for HOURS! i thought it was at least noon...

sorry that was off-topic...

• personally, i don't need descriptions/pictures/clips. i would rather see longer[/b] lists of just artists-titles-conditions. maybe labels.
    There are many LPs that i would snap up immediately, but if you post a list of 10 LPs for sale, the chances that it includes one that i need are much less than if you listed 25 LPs, dig?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Set Sales are sizzling HOT! Mo' plaese...and bring out the Moder Soul RAER too!