Project Blowed 10th Anniversary Tour

ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
This is a required (albeit unsanctioned) Soulstrut field trip:PROJECT BLOWED RECORDINGS &FUNNYMAN ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTSPROJECT BLOWED 10TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR!TOUR ITINERARY 4/11/05ACEYALONE ABSTRACT RUDE (ABSTRACT TRIBE UNIQUE) MEDUSABUS DRIVER DJ DREZELLAY KHULE (HIP HOP KLAN)CVE (CHILLIN VILLIN EMPIRE) CUSTOMER SERVICEJAH ORAHIt's 2005, 10 years after first coming together, the world- renowned underground hip hop crew Project Blowed is now set for the first joint tour of the Legendary Los Angeles-based Blowedian emcees. This tour boosts live performances by hip hop legend Aceyalone, Abstract Rude - the underground???s hardest working emcee, Busdriver - the styles and word play poster boy,and the queen of Los Angeles independent music circuit Medusa followed by classic Project Blowed style shots from Project Blowed/ Afterlife artist CVE, Ellay Khule & the Hip Hop Kclan, Customer Service and Jah Orah. DJ Drez on the turntables keeps the show going. Even the laziest hip hop fan would be forced to come from behind the PS2 for one of these dates. Until now, this power line up could only been seen by fans near Project Blowed's home-base, Leimert Park. For the first time ever this classic bill will tour across the U.S. and leave every stage, every club, hall, theater, home & project - "blowed".MAY 6TH CUPERTINO ??? Britania Arms (21 and up)MAY 7TH SAN FRANCISCO - Red devil lounge ( 21 and up)MAY 8TH EUREKA ??? Rumours (21 and up)MAY 9TH EUGENE ??? Wow hall ( all ages)MAY10TH BEND ??? Domino Room ( all ages)MAY 11TH PORTLAND ??? Berbati???s pan (21 and up)MAY 12TH OLYMPIA ??? Evergreen college (all ages)MAY 13TH BELLINGHAM - tbaMAY 14TH MISSOULA -tbaMAY 15H BOZEMAN - Zebra Cocktail lounge (21 and up)MAY 17TH SALT LAKE - tbaMAY 19TH BOULDER ??? Boulder Theatre (all ages)MAY 20TH DENVER ??? Cervantes ( all ages)MAY 21ST FT. COLLINS ??? Aggie theatre (all ages) MAY 25TH DALLAS - tbaMAY 26TH AUSTIN ??? Emo???s (all ages)MAY 27TH HOUSTON ??? The engine room (all ages)MAY 28TH EL PASO - tbaMAY 29TH ALBEQUERQUE ??? Sunshine theatre (all ages)MAY 31ST FLAGSTAFF - tbaJUNE 1ST TUCSON - tbaJUNE 2ND PHOENIX - tbaJUNE 3RD OR 4TH SAN DIEGO - tbaJUNE 5TH POMONA ??? The Glass HouseFINALE JUNE L.A. - tba

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Required? Not to sound negative, but I have never even heard of most of these guys. Looks like they are hitting all the hippie colleges. They are not coming to Seattle.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Required? Not to sound negative, but I have never even heard of most of these guys.

Thus why it's required.

• this itinerary does not qualify as 'across the US'

in other news, i used to sell mix tapes

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    The CD with DVD is pretty nice though. The DVD has a bunch of their videos which is prolly the best part... Including Mic Check by Aceyalone...

I'm sure they'd also dip into Canada if certain crewmembers weren't denied access. So for now it's merely Welcome to the West.

Required? Not to sound negative, but I have never even heard of most of these guys.

Thus why it's required.

Good point, but I am not driving to Olympia or Bellingham to see a show. You would think they would play Seattle on a West Coast tour. I am a grown ass man and am comfortable in a big club with a bar like the Showbox in Seattle. I would not go to a show on a college campus. Do these guys wear backpacks and talk about breaking down molecules and the stars and sun and shit?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have never even heard of most of these guys.

[Archaic]Then you must not like rap.[/Archaic]

I must not. I don't get what all these crazy kids are listening to these days!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

fuck it, as crink would say, real heads know the deal!

The CD with DVD is pretty nice though. The DVD has a bunch of their videos which is prolly the best part... Including Mic Check by Aceyalone...

"Reach, 2, 3, 4 the mic..."

Lyrical Calisthenics: the first hip-hop beat known to incorporate a shaken spray can as a percussion instrument?

Do these guys wear backpacks and talk about breaking down molecules and the stars and sun and shit?

Exclusively.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

a few passing thoughts:

so the promoters are admitting that project blowed fans are PS2 nerd gaming zombies?

only 1 actual member of Fellowship? even Nu Gruv could get 2 members on board for a tour for crissakes, crew beef and all

that "across the US" tour itinerary makes me wonder if polk's manifest destiny not only expanded westward but also vaporized everything east of the mississippi. you mean to tell me you can't book a single east coast gig? oh...maybe you CAN'T.

I hope they have a good turnout

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Lyrical Calisthenics: the first hip-hop beat known to incorporate a shaken spray can as a percussion instrument?

Shake it like it's hot.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

Where to send your certificate of "supreme wackness"?

a few passing thoughts:

so the promoters are admitting that project blowed fans are PS2 nerd gaming zombies?

only 1 actual member of Fellowship? even Nu Gruv could get 2 members on board for a tour for crissakes, crew beef and all

that "across the US" tour itinerary makes me wonder if polk's manifest destiny not only expanded westward but also vaporized everything east of the mississippi. you mean to tell me you can't book a single east coast gig? oh...maybe you CAN'T.

I hope they have a good turnout

They do better in Australia and Germany than they do in NYC. Ain't no secret and ain't no use in forcing the issue either. Go where people want to love you, not want to hate you...makes sense to me. Especially considering that these artists are looking for dollars rather than hood validation.

Shake it like it's hot.

What's that?

Please send the certificate to Seattle Chinatown. Please also include certificates of "Use of sarcasm on the internet," "Not supporting the underground," and "No love for backpack rap." I will frame them and hang them on the wall.
    Thank you,

Big Chan

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    BELLINGHAM

Please send the certificate to Seattle Chinatown. Please also include certificates of "Use of sarcasm on the internet," "Not supporting the underground," and "No love for backpack rap." I will frame them and hang them on the wall.
    Thank you,

Big Chan

For the millionth time, Project Blowed is hardly backpack rap.

Busdriver, sure. Wreccless, hell no.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    For the record, I would go to this to see Khule, Fish, and Medusa if it were in Philly... and under $15.

-e

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    For the record, I would go to this to see Busdriver, Khule and Fish if it were in DC, Baltimore Philly or NY... and under $15

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    anyone with the dvd care to give a rundown? other than videos what does it have? archival footage? interviews? what?