Interview with Danny Krivit (via Spine TV)

missronaimissronai 2 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Strut Records recently dropped the second volume of Danny Krivit's Edits by Mr K compilation series. They kindly put us in touch with the legendary New York jock so we could ask him a few questions. We were surprised to hear that he was too lazy to become a musician, despite the fact that Nile Rogers picked out his first guitar. He also explains how rollerskating influenced his career and a whole heap more.

http://www.spinetv.net/mag/2010/Oct/4/danny-krivit-interview/

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Has anybody already copped the vinyl version of this. How is the sound quality on it?
    I last bought the Bob Blank comp on strut and was extremely disappointed with the sound. Flat and thin all the way through. I always notice it when DJing. This disc always sounds poor in realtion to what is playing before and after. Bad look for strut. I want to make sure it didn't happen with the Krivit disc too before buying.

• Options
    Wow. the roller rink reminiscence he does is very nice.

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    I saw him DJ here maybe 3 years ago-good set. Mutual friends then brought him by the crib to buy records-nice cat-did not buy a thing though even though I showed him some heavies-he has oodles of dope records.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Danny comes into my East Village store just about every day. He's mostly in the dollar bin, but he hasn't lost that fire to find new records.

Super nice guy to boot.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Not that I would ever say this directly to him but by far one of my top heroes / idols / reasons why I do what I do.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Sitting in a record store with him telling stories is definitely a great way to spend an afternoon.

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Krivit knowledge = DEEP