FIVES

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
We haven't done one of these in a minute, have we? Seems like a good time to start another one up. Here we go:

1) Last week, I scored a snazzy butcher block for cheap. Today, I got a Wusthof Santoku knife. Finally, my kitchen is getting some decent freakin' gear in it.

2) Pulling records for a vinyl-only hip-hop gig tonight. I had forgotten how much fun this process is (assuming you aren't trying to do it in 5 minutes before you have to haul ass to the gig).

3) I'm presently digitizing Jim Croce wax for my dad. Something about that strikes me as funny.

4) Steelers are 3-0!

5) I am so unbelievably close to finally paying off my credit card bill. I can almost taste the sweet, sweet nectar of being 100 percent debt-free.

I'm not even gonna do a negative list...I'm actually in a pretty damn good mood today.

Comments

• DJ_Enki said:

Last week, I scored a snazzy butcher block for cheap.

I'm haggling for one of these at the moment. :necessary:

1 Selling an investment property privately. First time we've sold a property without using an agent, strong interest so far. Gift to myself for all my hard work will be a new motorbike. Goosebumps, I'm thinking.........

or

2. My Australian Football team was in the final last week and they drew, means we get to do it all again this weekend. Go pies.
    3.Partners new photography business is strong, proud of my girl.
    4.Rented a house on the beach for a holiday next month.
    5. Sticking to the goddamn plan, enjoying the now and giddy for the future.

Fusk negatives

• Yay, fives!

1. Got an order in to do a massive painting!

2. Doing freelance work for the art-centre gets me drunk and fed for free.

3. Working on a fun re-mix for a biggish band.

4. Weekend is almost here!

5. Saw Albertsund Terror Korps last night. It was very interesting.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    5Alive...

1. My daughter was the only kindergartner in her school invited to join the Robotics class which is primarily filled up with 4th and 5th graders. Her teacher, Dr. Walker, cites her as the most advanced kindergartner she has ever witnessed in the area of science.

2. After taking a semester off in the Spring, we've re-initiated the Destiny by Design afterschool program at Kealing Middle School. So far, teaching side by side with my ex-wife has gone smoothly. Last class, we had Riddlore? of CVE making beats with the kids and Gerald G helping them write rhymes. End of class freestyle cipher this past Tuesday was nothing short of legendary.

3. Headed up to Arlington tomorrow with my daughter for my niece's baptism. Especially happy that my cousin Brandy will also be there with her family from Florida.

4. Not so confident about our chances for victory after that UCLA debacle, but Texas - OUsucks weekend is always at the very least a party and then some.

5. Depending on the surf report, thinking about heading out to Port Aransas next weekend for some camping on the beach. Been wanting to do that all summer, but had to first get my tires replaced on my truck. Finally got that taken care of...so sites beyond Austin here I come.