THE FINAL SOLUTION...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.opendj.info/

ok, slowly, we're going back to the jukebox in the club...

one club here in Brisbane... X&Y CLUB are putting on a party like this. I advise anyone in Brisbane to boycott any venue that implements this shit, and any DJs who continue to support a club that implements it.

peace.

Comments

• Wow...what a load of shit. Who the hell would want to be anywhere that puts the selection in the hands of Becky? Nightmare.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Becky's Revenge

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "cutting edge crowd involvement"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm pretty sure these dudes emailed me last year asking for feedback on their idea and how to make it better. I was too busy being angry to write back.

• You know, thinking about this for a little bit, perhaps there is a silver lining to this...perhaps, if there is a club like this in your town, or a town you play, it will then serve as an idiot magnet and people who actually like DJs will frequent your night and the Beckys and all the dipshits who feel the need to tell you what to play will stay away, preferring to attend the little vote jukebox thingy night. Could make for higher quality audiences.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I'd feel really uncomfortable having people scour through my itunes

If this gets up, eventually people will go and see a DJ play not because of their skillz but because of how much top 40 is on their itunes playlist

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    couldn't you at least set it to only show specific tracks, so you could control what was being requested, like at a soul night you would just have stuff you would actually be willing to play showing, so people could make requests that were reasonable. Obviously, request-taking in general is pretty distasteful, and this thing would just encourage the Timmy Crabalots who try to make "smart" requests and hang around the DJ booth all night, but I'm trying to find *some* positive usage possibilities, where crowd interaction could be achieved without making your night THAT much worse ... actually, one thing it would be great for is weddings, at least you get the request on your screen instead of Uncle Slopbreath pressing up on you for some Electric Slide action.

• phatmoneysack said:
    eventually people will go and see a DJ play not because of their skillz but because of how much top 40 is on their itunes playlist

sounds pretty different from how things currently are....

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    phatmoneysack said:
    eventually people will go and see a DJ play not because of their skillz but because of how much top 40 is on their itunes playlist

willie_fugal said:
    phatmoneysack said:

willie_fugal said:
    phatmoneysack said:

willie_fugal said:
    phatmoneysack said:

willie_fugal said:
    phatmoneysack said:

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    ^true, but this will legitimise it

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    "Traditional DJing is quite closed" :dodododo:

"With many more people digging through the DJ???s virtual crate, less tracks will get lost in the list."
    :walk_away_son: