My Generation

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
The adds are coming up up-top. They've also been running print adds in the subway that are high comedy for their cliched themes.

"I never lied to you. Except that one night."
"You have his hand. But I have his heart"

and the best of all.

"Remember Prom Night. Meet your son"

What a crap generation. I alays thought the 80s was the lamest decade when we going through it, but compared to this shit ...

Comments

• sabadabada said:
    The adds are coming up up-top. They've also been running print adds in the subway that are high comedy for their cliched themes.

"I never lied to you. Except that one night."
    "You have his hand. But I have his heart"

and the best of all.

"Remember Prom Night. Meet your son"

What a crap generation. I alays thought the 80s was the lamest decade when we going through it, but compared to this shit ...

and of course the only black guy is in the Army.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So not interested.

• batmon said:
    So not interested.

Not even for schlock value. I'm not saying I like "it". I just like the idea of it, the fact that it exists. It makes me wonder about the people who will actually like "it" and what the hell they're thinking.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Generation X >>>>>>Generation Y

• Options
    sabadabada said:

What a crap generation.

Yeah, they can't even spell "ads."

• sabadabada said:

Who I am

The man. The myth. The legend. Okay, well, maybe we can't use the word "legend" just yet. Or "myth". But I'm working on it. 'Cause I'm out there, baby, every day, every night, moving towards an end game. Some people live in this world, others want to rule it. I just want to be remembered. But it's not all fun. DJ'ing, producing, meetings, recording. I mean, it's hard. Harder than I thought. And life??? damn, it gets in the way sometimes, you know? Not women though. I don't let them get in the way.

Jay-Z was right, 99 problems and all that crap??? you know? Yeah, you know what I mean. Wait, where was I going with this. I come from Austin TX, born and raised. The place is crazy rich with musical history and what not, but The Falcon's gotta spread his wings. I live in New York now. BK, baby! It's what Manhattan used to be. I'll also have my own record label some day, but you'll see. Don't need to get into all that right now. A clothing line too. Who wouldn't want to rock The Falcon? Certainly the ladies. I try to keep my love life private, but I promise, you, I ain't doin' bad. I'm back in Austin now for a bit to do some producing work, but it's cool. Looking forward to seeing old faces. And they can't wait to see me. The Falcon returns. Sounds like a g*d damn monster movie, ha! Right? I love it.

1st i've heard about this show or whatever it is, all i know is the above must be one of the greatest collections of bad looks ever assembled.

• willie_fugal said:
    sabadabada said:

Who I am

The man. The myth. The legend. Okay, well, maybe we can't use the word "legend" just yet. Or "myth". But I'm working on it. 'Cause I'm out there, baby, every day, every night, moving towards an end game. Some people live in this world, others want to rule it. I just want to be remembered. But it's not all fun. DJ'ing, producing, meetings, recording. I mean, it's hard. Harder than I thought. And life??? damn, it gets in the way sometimes, you know? Not women though. I don't let them get in the way.

Jay-Z was right, 99 problems and all that crap??? you know? Yeah, you know what I mean. Wait, where was I going with this. I come from Austin TX, born and raised. The place is crazy rich with musical history and what not, but The Falcon's gotta spread his wings. I live in New York now. BK, baby! It's what Manhattan used to be. I'll also have my own record label some day, but you'll see. Don't need to get into all that right now. A clothing line too. Who wouldn't want to rock The Falcon? Certainly the ladies. I try to keep my love life private, but I promise, you, I ain't doin' bad. I'm back in Austin now for a bit to do some producing work, but it's cool. Looking forward to seeing old faces. And they can't wait to see me. The Falcon returns. Sounds like a g*d damn monster movie, ha! Right? I love it.

1st i've heard about this show or whatever it is, all i know is the above must be one of the greatest collections of bad looks ever assembled.

Wow... that's pretty high on the unintentional comedy scale

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that bio makes me want to die

• I almost never watch TV, but I've seen a bunch of promos for the new ABC shows and they look like the biggest steaming heap ever.

• Possum Tom said:
    that bio makes me want to die

i was quite relieved when i found out this wasnt a reality series! a local online TV guide made it look like it was!

like everybody else, ive been seeing the billboards for this show all summer - the promo campaign has been unavoidable. was considering watching this program as a goof, but then I remembered that this is the season-premiere night for 30 Rock, The Office and Community. nah, i doubt if ill even watch My Gen on Hulu.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    first ad i saw of this was the banner here that was probably generated from this thread. good going sabadababdadba

• willie_fugal said:

I live in New York now. BK, baby! It's what Manhattan used to be.

I noticed this a lot while talking to strangers in NY. A lot of people would say things with an attitude as if they had been NYC residents their whole lives and were kind of annoyed by transplants. Then a minute or two later they'd say "Oh I moved here from Nebraska last year." WTF?!

• Horseleech said:
    I almost never watch TV, but I've seen a bunch of promos for the new ABC shows and they look like the biggest steaming heap ever.

although NBC is gaining on them with Outsourced

• Options
    I watched about 10 minutes of "Undercovers" last night before bailing. Damnably dumb.

I suppose I shouldn't mind too much since at least it isn't another "reality TV" shitfest.

• PelvicDust said:
    I watched about 10 minutes of "Undercovers" last night before bailing. Damnably dumb.

I suppose I shouldn't mind too much since at least it isn't another "reality TV" shitfest.

I've only seen ads, but damn that girl is fly!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    Horseleech said:
    I almost never watch TV, but I've seen a bunch of promos for the new ABC shows and they look like the biggest steaming heap ever.

although NBC is gaining on them with Outsourced

The first time I saw a commercial for that show, I thought it (the commercial) was a spoof. Sadly, no.

• Options
    Herm said:
    PelvicDust said:

That's true.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Herm said:
    PelvicDust said:

That's true.

Whoa

T-minus 2 months before she gets the cover of Essence magazine....

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I had forgotten about this show when I came across this thread in the archives.

A quick Internet search revealed that this show, that ABC had been hyping all last summer, got cancelled after two episodes.

I don't know what they replaced it with, but it proves you better bring the "A" game if you're going up against NBC on a Thursday night.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    did anyone watch a minute of this show?