Best YouTube/video to mp3 converter?

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
I realize some of this YouTube audio is shoddy as heck, but what's best easy-to-use and preferably free program out there that works well enough? I'm looking to record audio clips that I can play at a gig.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jdownloader with the flashgot plugin?

• Pundit said:
    jdownloader with the flashgot plugin?

Hmmm...I tried that and it says "video seems to be offline" which is weird 'cause it's not.

I really wish I wasn't so stupid when it comes this relatively simple shit.

• that's odd, i don't seem to have any problems with it, whenever i copy a youtube address with the clipboard reader on it splits it into 240 360 480p and mp3 as separate options to download. Maybe just try it a bit later on. Good luck with that.

• Pundit said:
    that's odd, i don't seem to have any problems with it, whenever i copy a youtube address with the clipboard reader on it splits it into 240 360 480p and mp3 as separate options to download. Maybe just try it a bit later on. Good luck with that.

Am I doing this right?

Download tab > Links > Add Links > Add URL (it's already clipboarded into there) > Parse URL?

Every time I do that it says "1 module running" and the little blue bar loads but then it says "video seems to be offline" and after the blue bar loads completely it vanishes and nothing happens. It's done this with every YouTube link I've tried.

Sorry, Pundit. I really hate that I can't figure this out on my own.

• i usually just leave the little clipboard icon 'ticked' and then copy the youtube url from my browser address bar and it automatically shows up in the 'linkgrabber' tab. Then just right click the file i want and 'download selection' or whatever it is.

what you described should work okay though.. maybe try updating jdownloader and restarting? not sure if the flashgot plugin is necessary but i have it installed too..

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Have you tried WireTap?