those EBONITE records (r.r.)

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
anybody have any of these records with the black and white covers with shapes on covers and they usually have only one or two songs? peace, stein. . .

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    anybody have any of these records with the black and white covers with shapes on covers and they usually have only one or two songs? peace, stein. . .

The ones I have have more songs than that (I think... maybe 6-8). I have a few that have gold and white covers too. And then there are also the 12"s with the green labels. Damn, it's been so long since I listened to any of that stuff that I can't even remember the titles or artists.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

And then there are also the 12"s with the green labels.

yups, i have some of those.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Are any of these worth a damn musically? The one or two I've found weren't...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    theres definitly some good ones, but I couldnt tell you the titles.

• there are tons of ebonite records that are pretty good.
    julian at recordkingz has a couple hundred.
    they are not worth what he is selling them for but still pretty decent if you find them for 5-10 dollars.
    the best one i have is the returners but all those black and white ones i have had suck donkey balls. i remember i had a list of good ones but don't know where it is anymore.
    it's a subsidiary of president records from the uk i believe. not sure if it would be called a library label.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I have just one by Psychosis. It opens with nice bassline but other than that, it's not really that exiting. Both music and sample wise it's boring, but i'm sure some of the others are nice.