Unreleased Black Jazz Album Identity?

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Anyone have any idea about this Black Jazz Records album that is quite rare and fairly drum heavy throughout with a black and white cover?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    Anyone have any idea about this Black Jazz Records album that is quite rare and fairly drum heavy throughout with a black and white cover?
    Is it called "Identity?" Your description alone describes hella Black Jazz recs.

• True true. I have no idea what the album is called (not Identity) or the artist but someone was telling me about a Black Jazz album that got rejected from the label but released some promo copies and it is hella scarce. I heard some soundclips somewhere and loved it and forgot to remember what it was. I would love to own it or even just know who the artist is. I do remember that it was a drummer that was the featured artist and the cover was a close up picture of an obscure object and it was sadly in black and white just like most of the Black Jazz releases. Thanks for any help on this one. It was not googleable for me.

• Sounds like what you're thinking of is the M'Boom LP on Strata-East.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    david lee, jr - evolution

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DCarfagna said:
    Sounds like what you're thinking of is the M'Boom LP on Strata-East.
    Sounds like it, but not b&w and S.E.

• chris said:
    david lee, jr - evolution

Perfect! Thanks a ton! That one has been eluding me for a while.

M'boom is incredible by the way. Watched it on Soul! yesterday.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    I am quite sure a good friend of mine is still looking to sell/trade his copy.
    But let me tell you that we both found this album to be quite dissapointing. Its far more free than most of the black jazz stuff. And not that we dont like free stuff, just the money this goes for doesnt really hold up to what is on there imho.
    If you are interested PM.. but serious trades only. This record goes for 600+ lately.

• i read somewhere that cleveland eaton has an unreleased black jazz album.

edit - googled it, sorry for being a lazy barsteward

• Rishan said:
    i read somewhere that cleveland eaton has an unreleased black jazz album.

what is this soul! thing you speak of? would like to watch this m'boom thing too

I hadn't heard about that. The BJ Eaton album that WAS released is pretty subpar so I'm not sure if I would be up to hunting down the unreleased one, but thanks for the heads up!

Someone wrote on here a week or so ago about Soul! It looks to be a late 60s early 70s show showcasing acts. M'boom is on a few of them. Really legit to see it live.

http://www.thirteen.org/soul/

Enjoy!

• exactly, i'm not much of a fan of his mid 70's albums either.

watching that thing now. amazing!