Grandpa Caps NAGL or AGL

DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
i must admit i thought mine was styling and cool but my wife refers to it as a grandpa cap and i see them everywhere ...

I am kinda leaning towards NAGL and i imagine the strut has a high grandpa cap ownership ratio

Comments

• I had a couple when I was a kid, probably second or third grade. Except back then I called em Michael Jordan hats. I got em from my grandpa though so I'm not sure where I stand on this issue.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    grandpa cap + samuel jackson = nagl

• BigSpliff said:
    i show up wearing the most herbacios tweed flatcap and make bumpkin smalltalk about are these loft apartments

• selperfuge said:
    BigSpliff said:
    i show up wearing the most herbacios tweed flatcap and make bumpkin smalltalk about are these loft apartments

^^^^^^^
    appreciates the classics

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Dreadful look. Just wear a "Yes, I have male pattern baldness" sign around your neck.

• 10 years ago only a few people wore them, people who could pull off the look, and it was a good look then. Nowadays there's too many people wearing it badly to be a good look.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Dreadful look. Just wear a "Yes, I have male pattern baldness" sign around your neck.

reality TV like op chef the guys that have a plethora of different hats for every occasion are obviously hding something.
    between the fedora, castro cap and this golf one i am starting to think all that is missing is a beret comeback

• The game was over when goorin branded it and urban outfitters had a section for this type of hat.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hats are a good look outdoors.
    Bad look in doors.

To me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Wait - hasn't Kangol been churning these out for years? I'm failing to see the "new" trend.

In any case, I'd rather wear one of these than a pork pie hat

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea, I used to see this business everywhere about 6 or seven years ago and then it died out. Funnily, I saw a guy on the subway yesterday morning and thought how I rarely see these newsboy caps anymore. He looked good.

My Dad wears one in the Winter, he looks quite good.

I associate them with a certain strain of hip hop gals...they like conscious lyrics, wear wide-legged pants that are tight in the butt (regardless of the presence, or lack thereof, of said butt), are vegetarian, work with children, attend all-women events, generally prefer earth-tones, well-traveled (especially Thailand and S America), don't really drink, rarely burn, do yoga...

Having said that, I would really like one in Osh Kosh blue and white stripes - where do I get it?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Wait - hasn't Kangol Italy been churning these out for 600 years? I'm failing to see the "new" trend.

These have always been big in Boston. Probably always will be.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    bassie said:

I associate them with a certain strain of hip hop gals...they like conscious lyrics, wear wide-legged pants that are tight in the butt (regardless of the presence, or lack thereof, of said butt), are vegetarian, work with children, attend all-women events, generally prefer earth-tones, well-traveled (especially Thailand and S America), don't really drink, rarely burn, do yoga...

Hieroglyphics sticker on gas tank cap of VW bug?

• These hats are back in style? Where? lol not in LA.

• I associate them with a certain strain of hip hop gals...they like conscious lyrics, wear wide-legged pants that are tight in the butt (regardless of the presence, or lack thereof, of said butt), are vegetarian, work with children, attend all-women events, generally prefer earth-tones, well-traveled (especially Thailand and S America), don't really drink, rarely burn, do yoga..

you just described my local hip hop expierience.

• I wear 'em, but I do so way up at the top of my head all clumsy and shit. Basically I wear an old man hat the way a little boy would wear it. I had to switch it up after showing up to way too many spots where 3 or more of my holmeses were all wearing the same style hat fitted like gramps above.

Also, I have a full ass head of hair, so nothing to hide here.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    bassie said:

I associate them with a certain strain of hip hop gals...they like conscious lyrics, wear wide-legged pants that are tight in the butt (regardless of the presence, or lack thereof, of said butt), are vegetarian, work with children, attend all-women events, generally prefer earth-tones, well-traveled (especially Thailand and S America), don't really drink, rarely burn, do yoga..

you just described my local hip hop expierience.

so on point it's crazy, generally short with a b-girl background can be seen perusing the new arrivals bins

• Okay, so dudes with hair are not supposed to wear caps, how are you going to set yourself apart from the crowd withouht a big fro, dreads, or high top fade???

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    jaysus said:
    Okay, so dudes with hair are not supposed to wear caps, how are you going to set yourself apart from the crowd withouht a big fro, dreads, or high top fade???

Have you considered being good-looking and having a great personality?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Or breaking the 7 minute wall.

• Hats are for kids and old people, they look stupid on anyone in between, unless they serve a utilitarian purpose such as warmth or shade.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Driving Caps are cool....Fedoras are not.

/edit

• jaysus said:
    Okay, so dudes with hair are not supposed to wear caps, how are you going to set yourself apart from the crowd withouht a big fro, dreads, or high top fade???

Dreads are always a good look.
    No matter what.
    No need to ever cover those with a hat/bandana/viser of any kind.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    mrmatthew said:

Dreads are always a good look.
    No matter what.

is this sarcasm?
    white dude/girl dreads are prob one of the grossest things ive ever seen

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    jaysus said:

Crown rocked with an ermine robe and orb/sceptre combo.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Winter/Fall Kangols are classic.

Most of u fuckers cant dress.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    batmon said:
    Winter/Fall Kangols are classic.

Most of u fuckers cant dress.

Dudes trying to rock them w/ extra smedium "Dilla Changed My Tee-shirt," soiled New Balances and cargo shorts.

• sabadabada said:
    selperfuge said:
    BigSpliff said:

^^^^^^^
    appreciates the classics

just now a judge on the food network was enjoying a rosemary/thyme turkey breast and praised it's "herbaciouseness".

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    CousinLarry said:
    Hats are for kids and old people

I'm sayin'. (or kids who look like old people, I suppose)