Very rare soul-funk ID

BernedoBernedo 70 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Hi mates! This is my first post in the forum. I'm a regular user on DJ History but many people talked me about this one is great too.

I've been searching for the name of that tune for ages. Found it on a Madlib comp, 'Mind Fusion 3'. It's a kind of soul-funk tune, probably of late seventies and I suspect that is quite rare. Here is the link:

http://www.divshare.com/download/12472052-0c6

I don't know entirely the rules of the forum, so, maybe i'm wrong posting this thread here. If I should move it, please tell me (i'm new).

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• No one? Really?

• Never heard it but nevertheless: Welcome!

• disco_che said:
    Never heard it but nevertheless: Welcome!

"Never heard it"

Oh, that's the answer that I always hear to...snif.

Thank you very much man!

• I'll give it one more chance...where are those serious diggers?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Bernedo said:
    ...where are those serious diggers?
    none of them post here anymore

• does madlib even know?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    good point, maybe he'll see this & chime in. Bernedo, you should put "ATTN: Madlib" in the thread title so that he definitely sees it & knows to click on it.

• Humanacat: Yeah, it is probably that even Madlib doesn't know it, or doesn't remember it. It wouldn't be weird.

Holmes: What you say is logical but, honestly, I can't imagine Madlib viewing my thread and ANSWERING to it. He's now probably under a big cloud of weed.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    took me 3 years to id the penultimate tune played in his 2005 mix @Gilles Peterson's Worlwide

good luck !

• damms said:
    took me 3 years to id the penultimate tune played in his 2005 mix @Gilles Peterson's Worlwide

good luck !

Haha yes, I'm not suprised. Well, in some aspects I've been a lucky guy, I've been well helped to spot the tracks I've wanted to spot. But this one is my headache...been searchin' it for months. And also this one:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/602825424684a583/

It's a Milton Nascimento composition called 'Noticias do Brasil', but I ignore who performed that instrumental version. And I've checked all versions I found (no more than 5 or 6) and found nothing. Maybe it's a private press. Sounds like late 80s early 90s.

But I supposed that soul-funk one wouldn't have been as hard to find as is that brazilian one. There's a lot of informed people on that field, but been asking for that in forums, shops and DJ mates and found nothing. Even doesn't sound too underground! :(

• damms said:

good luck !

Oh, and what was the track?

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Bernedo said:
    damms said:

good luck !

• damms said:
    Bernedo said:
    damms said:

good luck !

That one is nice too, Madlib's classic style.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Bernedo said:
    damms said:
    Bernedo said:
    damms said:

good luck !

That one is nice too, Madlib's classic style.

Did you just hijack your own thread? ;)

• Not at all, It was just curiosity. He was in the same problem I am now!

• I don't wanna be a pain on the neck, but I'll give it the last chance to be IDd. Thanks.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Bernedo, I'm going to post it here too in case you miss my post on the STMB

you're welcome

• damms said:
    Bernedo, I'm going to post it here too in case you miss my post on the STMB

you're welcome

Christ! Thanks a lot you're pure gold!

I'm also an usual on STMB, so I would check it out later.

Again, THANKS! :D

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    be ready to witness the price go up by tomorrow ha ha

I guess it's just a vastly unacknowledged record despite having some cool stuff (Madlib used the title track of that album on another one of his mixes). I was browsing through discogs when the Clarity album profile (that ESP recently reissued) caught my attention. Youtubed the guy's name and found a couple tracks. someone from Japan had 2 songs from the Heart & Center album but I only saw the other one the 1st time. it's when I looked at the tracklist (#3 - Risin' Up) and listened to the guy's voice I thought "this might be that tune I know people have been trying to id forever". Noticed the user also had uploaded it a couple minutes later
    and there you have it. another mystery solved