New Zealand earthquake.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Doesn't NZShadow live there? Or is he in Amsterdam? Any one heard from him? Or has he posted since the quake hit and I just didn't see it? Or am I just way offbase and he's has no New Zealand connection at all? I don't know...I'm just concerned.

Comments

• he lives in Amsterdam, Holmes lives in NZ. No deaths reported thus far, just a couple of injuries. My housemate is an expat kiwi and he knows a lot of ppl living there and whilst it's a mess, there's no serious harm to anyone reported thus far..

• Good to know. Thanks Pundit! I hope all is well with Holmes!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I hope all our soulstrut family, friends and the rest of NZ are doing ok.

Sounds like good construction and infrastructure is going to limit the suffering.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Hey guys, by all reports it's a mess down there. It was the same size as the Haiti quake but the time of day & better building codes have resulted in no loss of life so far. The city is known for it's great architecture & a lot of that now lies in ruins as hundreds of brick based historic structures have been destroyed. I'm still waiting to hear from friends down there. There is no power to 75% of the area & the city is under curfew as the damage is fully assesed.
    I live at almost the other end of the country on another island so didn't even know about it until I checked my email & had all these US ebayers asking me if it was still ok to mail me records lol. It is all over the TV with live reports & updates though, we can feel lucky that although it is crippling to businesses & historic architecture there has incredibly been no loss of life.

• holmes said:
    didn't even know about it until I checked my email & had all these US ebayers asking me if it was still ok to mail me records lol.

Glad your alright, but this almost made me spit out my drink.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Oh shit!

Glad to here there is no loss of life.

Hope everybody out there is ok.

I need to call my NZ mates.

• a friend of mine is going to grad school at Catnerbury in Christchurch....pics of the library are crazy....

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i spent the last three weeks in New Zealand and this totally shocked me. Christchurch is a really cool town. it only happened hours after i left. also, a skydiving plane filled with tourists crashed and 9 of the peeps onboard all died at Fox Glacier. Rough...a sad day in NZ

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    yeah, that Fox Glacier plane crash is a tragedy, sad days indeed.
    The destruction in Christchurch is mental, it's gonna take a long time to sort out, the footage on the news last night was heartbreaking.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    yeah, scary shit,

amazing that noone was killed.

My family is from ChCh, i was born in Lyttelton, so yeah, it hit home.

still cant believe everyone is ok.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    NZ, i loved Lyttelton! Not a whole lot going on there but one of the most postcard places i have been. Just started sorting through 3 weeks worth of my new zealand photos....