First of September finds

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
John Lampkin- Disco Dancin' (solid raw instrumentals with loads of breaks)
Discorobics
Francios Roubaix- Zita Soundtrack
Port Authority (sucka is sealed)

Comments

• can i get a price czech on that "'la libertad" lp, posike and cf are all over the damn place. i think its a mexican pressing.

"heroes" is pretty cool little soundtrack..."bus stop affair" sounds very dusty fingerish...bunch of solid cuts here. .i'll try to post it in a bit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    can i get a price czech on that "'la libertad" lp, posike and cf are all over the damn place. i think its a mexican pressing.

$70?

I believe it's a Mexican record and that there is no US pressing.

• cheers.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Clips? Looks hott

• so, here are a couple of the better tracks from that heroes ost that might be enjoyable to some...

"manhattan skyline and statues"

"bus stop affair"

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    can i get a price czech on that "'la libertad" lp, posike and cf are all over the damn place. i think its a mexican pressing.

$70?

I believe it's a Mexican record and that there is no US pressing.

You are correct. Kinda weird it didn't come out on Fania Int'l, no?

• one last bit of rippage. from that peach melba album, this is a tune by eugene mcdaniels with bob james on rhodes, dave grusin and richard tee on arp and moog, tom scott on lyricon...

"a million years before this time"

• crabmongerfunk said:
    so, here are a couple of the better tracks from that heroes ost that might be enjoyable to some...

"bus stop affair"

I'm lovin this. Are the rest of the tracks instrumental? Same vein?

• those are the two best tracks, but there are 2-3 other very solid instrumental compositions with some funk and a bit of disco mixed in and played by the same band (which sounds a lot like tom scott and a bunch of west coast studio dudes).

there is 1 vocal track with a young kim karnes (which commences just as i fade out the first track i ripped- worst thing on here) and 1 sunshine pop track by some group called "the sounds of sunshine" which is actually sort of cool..

now, here's the really good news: a sealed copy is going for around 5 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEROES-Jack-Nitzsche-77-Stereo-OST-LP-SEALED-/330250807181?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4ce47b678d

• crabmongerfunk said:
    those are the two best tracks, but there are 2-3 other very solid instrumental compositions with some funk and a bit of disco mixed in and played by the same band (which sounds a lot like tom scott and a bunch of west coast studio dudes).

there is 1 vocal track with a young kim karnes (which commences just as i fade out the first track i ripped- worst thing on here) and 1 sunshine pop track by some group called "the sounds of sunshine" which is actually sort of cool..

now, here's the really good news: it can be had for about 2 bucks (plus shipping)!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroes-OST-1977-Lp-Hazard-Nitzsche-/230406365055?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item35a54a1f7f

I can afford that. Thanks for the heads up!

musica said:
    Reynaldo said:

Clips? Looks hott
    "No Molestes Mas" (peep the beat change)
    "Pepe El Toro

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You didn't already own the Fajardo?

mannybolone said:
    You didn't already own the Fajardo?
    I already have a clean copy; I only bid because I saw that it was going to end for like $12, so I bid and grabbed it for $20. Flip copy.

• Reynaldo said:
    musica said:
    Reynaldo said:

Clips? Looks hott
    "Pepe El Toro

Is that THE Paquito Guzman? My mother is in love with that dude, didn't know he did stuff this early on.

peace,xavier

• InnerSpace said:
    John Lampkin- Disco Dancin' (solid raw instrumentals with loads of breaks)
    Discorobics
    Francios Roubaix- Zita Soundtrack
    Port Authority (sucka is sealed)

I had some requests for some more info on the Disco Dancin??? album from the first post on here so here ya go???.

Label: Activity Records 1978
    Vocalists: Gloria Scott (!!!), Giovanna Worth
    Guitarist: Del Kacher

Track listing (these are ALL covers):

1. Runaway Love by Linda Clifford
    2. Express Yourself by Charles Wright
    3. Got to Give it Up by Marvin Gaye
    4. Dance with Me by Orleans
    5. Devil's Gun by C.J. & Co.
    6. Dusic by Brick
    7. Play that Funky Music
    8. Night Fever
    9. Pata Pata by Miriam Makeba
    10. Stayin Alive by The BeeGees
    11. Deeper

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Thanks for the infos and the uploads!

haze25 said:
    Reynaldo said:
    musica said:
    Reynaldo said:

Clips? Looks hott
    "Pepe El Toro

Is that THE Paquito Guzman? My mother is in love with that dude, didn't know he did stuff this early on.

peace,xavier
    Yeah, that's him; middle back.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    one last bit of rippage. from that peach melba album, this is a tune by eugene mcdaniels with bob james on rhodes, dave grusin and richard tee on arp and moog, tom scott on lyricon...

"a million years before this time"

Damn dude I found this record in my collection last week! I can't remember when I bought it. I was about to toss it until I heard this track.

• My last pron before packing up and moving back to the cold north!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    45's fresh from the flea this morning

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    East Texas.......nothing more than $2.00

• fejmelba: that i dik dik is a favorite, hammond speed metal!

rockadelic: that messenger label is interesting, it is actually a reissue label of 60/70s gospel of releases from Memphis labels like divine spirituals, hub city, etc....strange they decided to re-release certain titles on a different imprint...

• Euclid Records of St. Louis opened a branch in NOLA a couple days ago, had a big opening party today w/free beer, chicken, and snoballs. Picked these up:

went to another store also and got Budos III (so good) and a sealed copy of this:

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    although having been pretty busy plus stressed out finishing up a school education period, with several exams, project and so forth, i havent been completely able to leave the wild alone, and did manage to pull a few things over the last couple weeks..

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    damm, boo

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    so, here are a couple of the better tracks from that heroes ost that might be enjoyable to some...

"bus stop affair"

I'm lovin this. Are the rest of the tracks instrumental? Same vein?

Sounds very much like Jack was a big fan of Dave Grusin and his 'Three Days Of The Condor' soundtrack :D
    The Rhodes playing in particular on 'Bus Stop Affair' sounds very much like Dave Grusin, with those ascending patterns of fourths - anybody know whether he played on this soundtrack?

• fejmelba said:
    damm, boo

• After a Summer sabattical from buying it's nice to be back in the saddle!

The first pics are from a trip to Brighton last weekend (so tecnically Aug)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next are a few nice bits using up my shop credit.

Next are charity finds.

Then a nice jazz collection that came into a local store, nothing Earth shattering but loads of good basic titles for under a fiver each.

Last one is cheapies from today's fair, loads of VV favs in there!

Feel free to ask questions.