PIER PAOLO PERVOLINI [NRR]

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
yeah, so i just finished reading a whole article in the LA weekly.(pasue for applasue)yeah, the whole fucking thing. it was about pier paolo pasolini who's films i happen to love, so it wasnt the normal torture to actually read words and shit. anyways, i guess there's some new interest in pasolini's mysterious death since the accused recently came forward to confess that he lied about killing pasolini and in fact pasolini was killed by a group of angry fascists. and i dont mean "fascist" in the american sense. no, i mean real card carrying fascists. this is, after all, italy we're talking about. so the long held theories about the government's involvement in his death are true!yeah, and then they go on about his poetry and shit which i think is pretty milque-toast. and then they talk about all his affairs with young teenage italian boys. i mean, look, youre gay. that's fine. you write political poetry. ok, i mean, i can try and overlook that. but getting with young folks is just wrong. that freak ginsberg did that shit too. poets are kinda weird. i mean, im kinda thinking poets are even weirder than musicians. sure they dont farm sex slaves with their wives, or pee their pants on stage. but some of these poet dudes are completely out of their trees. i mean, it dont make me stop liking their art, but WHAT THE FUCK!psoh yeah, i do not cosign on pasolini's marquis de sade movie.ppssome of you need reminding that i am god's gift to women and gay men. you hunky soulstrut men are just assed out. sorry.

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    yeah, so i just finished reading a whole article in the LA weekly.

(pasue for applasue)

yeah, the whole fucking thing. it was about pier paolo pasolini who's films i happen to love, so it wasnt the normal torture to actually read words and shit. anyways, i guess there's some new interest in pasolini's mysterious death since the accused recently came forward to confess that he lied about killing pasolini and in fact pasolini was killed by a group of angry fascists. and i dont mean "fascist" in the american sense. no, i mean real card carrying fascists. this is, after all, italy we're talking about.

so the long held theories about the government's involvement in his death are true!

yeah, and then they go on about his poetry and shit which i think is pretty milque-toast. and then they talk about all his affairs with young teenage italian boys. i mean, look, youre gay. that's fine. you write political poetry. ok, i mean, i can try and overlook that. but getting with young folks is just wrong. that freak ginsberg did that shit too.

poets are kinda weird. i mean, im kinda thinking poets are even weirder than musicians. sure they dont farm sex slaves with their wives, or pee their pants on stage. but some of these poet dudes are completely out of their trees.

i mean, it dont make me stop liking their art, but WHAT THE FUCK!

ps
    oh yeah, i do not cosign on pasolini's marquis de sade movie.

pps
    some of you need reminding that i am god's gift to women and gay men. you hunky soulstrut men are just assed out. sorry.

are his films on dvd yet ??
    tales of arabian nights is some strange ...........

• according to the article, theyre all on dvd.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

are his films on dvd yet ??
    tales of arabian nights is some strange ...........

i think they all are...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    they made a movie about it - not that great, but OK

Pasolini: un delitto italiano

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    according to the article, theyre all on dvd.

'Salo' was a Criterion edition until it was retired fairly quickly after its release - it along w/ Woo's 'The Killer' are usually the most coveted titles on the secondary market (i.e. eBay) scene; I do believe that it is available at least as a R2 PAL from the UK as well as other countries in Western Europe...