Bitches Brew Latte Pas??

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
it supposedly doesnt overlap the last Legacy Box.

Comments

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    Vinyl and CD? What do you mean it doesn't overlap with the Legacy Box? Different set of outtakes or something? Please to post Amazon link.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    http://www.amazon.com/Bitches-Brew-40th-Anniversary-Collectors/dp/B003M0H4MW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283011222&sr=1-3

It seems like it's the original album plus live material from that time.

EDIT: Check the live clips on the Amazon listing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dwyhajlo said:
    Vinyl and CD? What do you mean it doesn't overlap with the Legacy Box? Different set of outtakes or something? Please to post Amazon link.

from JazzTimes Sept 2010:

Four decades have passed since Bitches Brew was released in 1970, and Columbia/Legacy Records is marking the occasion with a new box set, Bitches Brew: 40th Anniversary Collector???s Edition. The set includes two CDs containing the landmark recording in its original eight-track studio mix plus alternate takes and single versions, a 180-gram vinyl replica of the original double-album, a DVD of a 1969 Copenhagen concert, an audio CD of a 1970 Tanglewood performance, a booklet and more memorabilia. Other than the six tracks from the original album, the new set doesn???t overlap at all with the company???s 1998 four-CD box set, The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions. (A Legacy Edition is also available, and includes the two CDs of Bitches Brew material and the Copenhagen DVD.)

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i've been listening to the bitches brew sessions quite a bit lately. one thing that surprised me is that i thought teo macero worked all kinds of magic and editing in post on the raw takes. all the session cuts seemed pretty fully formed, i'd rather understand how he put it together by listening to all the takes before they were chopped for the final product.

i guess that's the 80 disc collectors edition coming in 20 years.