Records & Death

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Last night I went with a friend to check out a collect of some dude that passed away. It was in a storage unit with not only records but a bunch of gear. The family member really didn't have an idea about the stuff he had (No heat or anything. Just mostly some average Soul, disco, calypso & reggae). Super nice guy, but it made me wonder if I spent a lifetime of putting something together would I want it to end up in that situation...

Do strutters have a plan for what they want done with their collections & gear if they die? Probably 99% of us never think about such things.

Then I saw this just now

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-08/27/and-vinyly

I'm thinking about getting my ashes pressed into a boot of East of Underground and sending it to my 25 top favorite strutters...

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn man i dont know, i'd probably leave it all to my girlfriend or to her brother....but at the same time are they going to look at getting 30 crates of records as a burden and wtf would they do with 4 1200's and a shit load of other gear...

id like to leave it to someone who could use it, i would like for someone to take all the music/videos that i made over the years and release it all in a series of dvd/cd's and vinyl for people to check...

i on the other hand will be shot into space...lol huzzah!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Releast them back into the wild and let the hunt begin once again.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ^^ ha ha ha good point, chances are my familiy would look at it as "an opportunity to get rid of those god damn things"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/40622/

Reading what I wrote some time ago, I feel basically the same.

As for ashes in vinyl -I would do a dub plate special of me making ghost sounds from the beyond backed by one or two of my favourite rhythms.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Is this the new pad Rey?

• nzshadow said:
    Releast them back into the wild and let the hunt begin once again.

Catch and Release is also a good fishing practice.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    My wife knows how to contact CM RBM who would be willing to give her a price for everything and pack it up so she doesn't have to deal with it.