Glenn Beck Restoring Honor in America THIS WEEKEND!!!

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I would have put this in announcements, buuuuuut:

Who's going??!!

EVENT DESCRIPTION

Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.

Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America???s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation???s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

SEE YOU THERE!!

I HAVE A DREAMMMMM!!!

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    YES! WHO WILL BE THE FIRST TO TAKE UP SIGNAGE AGAINST A SEA OF TRANSGRESSORS?!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    they couldn't get the name Million Moron March?

• dude's really believe this shit. wow.

• Special education Warrior Foundation

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    they couldn't get the name Million Mormon March?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

• when the juggalos grow up and take off the facepaint at least they'll have this event to go to.....

i wonder if this dude is gonna make an appearance:

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    Special education Warrior Foundation

what is this garbage?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

• Options
    Glenn Beck is bigtime bugfuck crazy.

But teabaggers think he's brilliant.

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/new-study-shows-tea-parties-are-exten-0

• hobo_d said:
    4YearGraduate said:
    Special education Warrior Foundation

what is this garbage?

Sorry for that, I respect the SOWF, I Was trying to describe the beck/palin followers and it came off poorly.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    YES! WHO WILL BE THE FIRST TO TAKE UP SIGNAGE AGAINST A SEA OF TRANSGRESSORS?!

Awesome!

• Dude is seriously losing it.

either that or he really does believe he is gods chosen messiah (for white elderly as it would be)

• Glenn Beck is just a Howard Beale understudy.

We are in a lot of trouble.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Woimsah said:

EGGGGGFUCKINGXACTLY.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I appreciate the humor, but this really saddens me and is an affront to everything Dr. King stood for.

• absolutely

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    non-political event

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Leonard Pitts Jr did a column about this.
    I haven't listened to any of the posted Beck shows, but I guess Beck has been saying they he/they are the true civil rights activists who believe in King's Dream, but the minorities have stolen the movement from them.

I would like a run down on where these people were bitd.

I did listen to Dr Laura's show last week. She was MIA.
    The guy filling in was talking about how the Democrats and liberals were concerned with all these hyphenated groups (African-Americans, Muslim-Americans, Tongan-Americans...) but not "normal" "regular" Americans like him. A white guy.

So now African Americans aren't normal. Really aren't even Americans.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    phongone said:
    I appreciate the humor, but this really saddens me and is an affront to everything Dr. King stood for.

Kind of early to tell, IMO, after all, nothing has happened, yet But, it could be.

• day said:
    Woimsah said:

EGGGGGFUCKINGXACTLY.

It would kill me if I saw this coming down 7th Street past the National Mall.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Beck is a P.T. Barnum type character.....Rush Limbaugh on steroids and Xian peyote.

But he has it figured out and builds an audience with this self fulfilling prophesy.

Beck: "The Elitists on the Left think you're stupid, they think you're too dumb to know what's good for this country, a country that your ancestors built into a great nation and now they want to tear it down and create a NEW America"

1/2 of the country: "Look at these friggin idiots, this is Idiocracy 2010"

Beck: "See, I'm right, they DO think you're idiots. Are you just gonna sit back and let them take your country because they think you're too stupid to know what's best for America.

The problem is a lot of these Beck people are not the cro-magnon dolts that many feel they are. We're talking about some educated, professional and good people who may feel disenfranchised by the things going on around them.
    ("Well screw those middle class crackers, it might do some good for them to know what it's like to be disenfranchised for a change" Yeah, we'll tell them that and they will probably agree and just go home....uh huh)

I think the more people who understand this phenomena, the less that will participate in it.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Its really no different from the Bush/Hitler/Cheney/Blackwater/Monsonto shit. There's big money to be made in opposition.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Beck is a P.T. Barnum type character.....Rush Limbaugh on steroids and Xian peyote.

But he has it figured out and builds an audience with this self fulfilling prophesy.

Beck: "The Elitists on the Left think you're stupid, they think you're too dumb to know what's good for this country, a country that your ancestors built into a great nation and now they want to tear it down and create a NEW America"

1/2 of the country: "Look at these friggin idiots, this is Idiocracy 2010"

Beck: "See, I'm right, they DO think you're idiots. Are you just gonna sit back and let them take your country because they think you're too stupid to know what's best for America.

The problem is a lot of these Beck people are not the cro-magnon dolts that many feel they are. We're talking about some educated, professional and good people who may feel disenfranchised by the things going on around them.
    ("Well screw those middle class crackers, it might do some good for them to know what it's like to be disenfranchised for a change" Yeah, we'll tell them that and they will probably agree and just go home....uh huh)

I think the more people who understand this phenomena, the less that will participate in it.

Are you blaming liberals (aka Me) for creating angry white boneheads? Stop please.

I think brotherman is tapping into some deep seated anxieties of people who are looking for someone to blame for what ails them (no scrill in the pocketbook). That has nothing to do with me calling them idiots. Shit was there before Beck (O'Reilly, Limbaugh, etc) and will be there when he's out of the picture.

sabadabada said:
    Its really no different from the Bush/Hitler/Cheney/Blackwater/Monsonto shit. There's big money to be made in opposition.

I figure Beck is making Imus money.

Certainly nothing in the Blackwater/Haliburton ballpark.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I can't knock his hustle.

Wu....my post was not intended to "blame" anyone.....just my observation on how Beck gets followers......and when you call them "Boneheads" , Beck wins.

• Right and wrong.

Shit is changing? Adapt or get left behind.

This old dude on waxidermy told me that.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Wu....my post was not intended to "blame" anyone.....just my observation on how Beck gets followers......and when you call them "Boneheads" , Beck wins.

So we should call them geniuses and let them run things. That way Beck loses?

We tried that from 2001 through 2009 and I can't say much for the results.

Also,

1. Goldline - http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/glenn-beck-fox-hosts-golden-advertiser-goldline-investigation/story?id=11197000

2. Beck University - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20009560-503544.html

I think it's obvious that Beck himself has no regard for the intelligence of his audience.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Right and wrong.

Shit is changing? Adapt or get left behind.

This old dude on waxidermy told me that.

No doubt.

But expecting the ones who will be left behind to do so w/o pride or a fight is either naive or disrespectul.

"Progress" is a mofo.