Ebay Beef #4027

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
so i am doing a reggae auction (infamous for deadbeat bidders and fake ones) and i block this guy who has a feedback of 1. he emails me and tells me i should really be on the lookout for (insert name here) as he is the "REAL" deadbeat bidder. only problem is he has a 500 positive feedback score...

so the auction ends and he continues to email me telling me i am in the wrong for blocking him but it is really my decision any way

problem is he won an item. i sent him an invoice with no response and no payment. i end up canceling the transaction to get my credit back...

so what happens next? a negative feedback. not only that but it has some derogatory comment in a homosexual vain in it....

so is this kind of thing allowed? not only did he post feedback for a transaction he never completed with me but the comment has nothing to do business....

i emailed ebay and i get a generic response "we reviewed your case and it does not meet requirement to remove feedback"

ok sure....is there a number i can call?

Comments

• Ebay is sometimes a huge thorn in your side while at the same time paying your utility bills. That is not a valid reason for a negative feedback and they should be able to change it. Call this number- 866-643-1587. It is better than the number they give you for support on the site. Of course you never ever actually talk to ebay themselves, just call centers, so be prepared.

Hope it gets better bro!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Post his IDs. Burn him.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    How did he win if you blocked him?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I blocked him after he won an item so he can no longer bid.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i had a reggae idiot "win" about $2gs worth of items,
    all with fake ass 0 feedback names
    even though he didn't pay for anything, and after going thru the non payment item bs
    he still issued a slew of negs that remain to this day
    ras clot

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn that sux, again has anyone checked out GEMM yet? i hate when issues like this crop up on ebay, which is why i stopped buying on there..

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Your boyfriend melvynreggae did accept your second chance offers? :O
    Buyer: Member id phillwi (private)
    Aug-23-10 14:21
    The Ethiopians-The World Goes Ska RARE REGGAE 45 LISTEN (#160466909401) US $21.50 View Item

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    coffinjoe said:
    even though he didn't pay for anything, and after going thru the non payment item bs
    ras clot

If he got an unpaid item strike on a given purchase, he shouldn't be able to leave feedback for that transaction - did you contact ebay about this?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    coffinjoe said:
    ras clot

If he got an unpaid item strike on a given purchase, he shouldn't be able to leave feedback for that transaction - did you contact ebay about this?

i contacted ebay and they said its against their policy, reviewed the feedback and feel i dont fit the qualifications to have it removed. they said they dont want to censor and have the right for buyers to speak their mind about the transaction

so why don't you just call someone a "faggot" u know?

i wish there was an ebay alternative. if i had the money holy shit

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    So what is the mentality of deadbeat bidders which makes them want to bid on records knowing that they are not going to pay? What's the point? Or do they just bid on a shitload of stuff and then just pay for the things they later feeling like paying for? It's not like they get anything out of bidding but not paying, unless they just like to bid.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ask ze fran??ais boogie collectionneur