Craig Moerer Appreciation

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
How does this dude have over 5000 positive feedbacks?What records does he have that you'd like but they're overpriced?For me Dizzy Gillespie "souled out" and Khan Jamal/Bill Lewis "the river". Last I checked, these are both in the 20-30 dollar ballpark.He wants $150 for the Lewis/Jamal and $75 for the Dizzy lp. Trippin.

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

He's not cheap, this guy. I've got some things from him, tho, for fair prices & his grading & packaging is impecabble.

h

• He's not cheap, this guy. I've got some things from him, tho, for fair prices & his grading & packaging is impecabble.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, I was just thinking the same thing about another eBay store dude who always has 5,000 records up. Beatles records for $685.00 & shit. I don't get it.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    whenever i search for records on google, i end up on his site, but the records i want are "out-of-stock"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    hes got ill azz records yo. not all of his prices are insane. if you really want the record, i could see paying some of his prices.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I've gotten some really crazy shit for very very cheap off his site. YOu gotta know what you're looking at.

• I'd like to thank Moerer for my free Mighty Ryeders OG.

• yeah, I was just thinking the same thing about another eBay store dude who always has 5,000 records up. Beatles records for $685.00 & shit. I don't get it.

solid viper ?

you think craig moerer's and solid vipers prices are high but the reason they are that high is cause people pay that money. it's not some arbitrarily high price they make up like a lot of sellers.

• How does this dude have over 5000 positive feedbacks?

What records does he have that you'd like but they're overpriced?

For me Dizzy Gillespie "souled out" and Khan Jamal/Bill Lewis "the river". Last I checked, these are both in the 20-30 dollar ballpark.

He wants $150 for the Lewis/Jamal and $75 for the Dizzy lp. Trippin.

His selection is definitely impressive but his prices are too often laughable. I suppose as long as there are money loaded fools out there for the high priced items, and more centered people like us possible copping lower end items to fill gaps and (rarely) get stuff he's not up on, Craig will go on with the game. More power to him I guess.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, I was just thinking the same thing about another eBay store dude who always has 5,000 records up. Beatles records for $685.00 & shit. I don't get it.

solid viper ?

you think craig moerer's and solid vipers prices are high but the reason they are that high is cause people pay that money. it's not some arbitrarily high price they make up like a lot of sellers.

no, someone else. Solid Viper is a good seller. Nice records. I'm not trying to hate on these guys, but the whole "I have a list of a Jillion records on the web" thing is kinda overkill, IMO.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    He's not cheap, this guy. I've got some things from him, tho, for fair prices & his grading & packaging is impecabble.

he is willing to pay for quality vinyl
    and he is a very nice guy
    he has a high overhead
    so you have to look for the bargains

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'd like to thank Moerer for my free Mighty Ryeders OG.

Please explain that one!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    moerer is nothing compared to RTS RARITIES

• I'd like to thank Moerer for my free Mighty Ryeders OG.

Please explain that one!

Well, this was like 7, 8 years ago. But CM had quantity of the eighties issue... legit SunGlo press but has a different etching and a mastering defect on a couple tracks. Being the newjack that I was then, I called to complain about the pressing flaw... as per their policy, which is the best around, he didn't even require me to send it back and sent out a new one free of charge. The person I spoke to, maybe CM himself, said he'd send the open copy, he was sure it played fine.

It wasn't until much later that I confirmed that it was the earlier press, but that's what happened.

• occasionally I've found some good deals with Moerer and Solid Viper. The best is this guy on GEMM called "RECSIM". The most overpriced records I've ever seen...and he's consistent on egregious overpricing. Some prices are so high you have to wonder whether it's a big joke that he's hoping someone is gullible enough to fall for.

• it's a big joke that he's hoping someone is gullible enough to fall for.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Big ol' cosign here...I've found Moerer to be one of the most honest and reliable used vinyl sellers on the net. When you buy from him, you know what you're getting (super accurate grading!).

SG

Hi,

h

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I know both the_mack and I walked away happy with our $20 copies of the Soul Cop LP from Mr. Moerer

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    it's a big joke that he's hoping someone is gullible enough to fall for.

And I'd bet he doesn't even have the records. If the order comes in, he can just go buy it elsewhere on Gemm for 10% of his listed price.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I've bought two or three records from him in the past, and the service is great. Lately, things have been a bit too pricey but there are things there that are reasonably (opposed to conservatively) priced.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    CM gets what he gets because he does what he does. 30+ years of honest dealing, customer service and the best selection anywhere.

Those who are constantly complaining about people wanting some fair grading and customer service should take note.

Dan

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    CM gets what he gets because he does what he does. 30+ years of honest dealing, customer service and the best selection anywhere.

Those who are constantly complaining about people wanting some fair grading and customer service should take note.

Dan

Word. I think you can find the same records for cheaper but in terms of professionalism, dude is dude.

• I've gotten some really crazy shit for very very cheap off his site. YOu gotta know what you're looking at.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I've gotten some really crazy shit for very very cheap off his site. YOu gotta know what you're looking at.

double[/b]

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Purchased a couple of things from Mr. Moerer and I have to commend him on the packaging. I only wish his website contained sound clips of breaks, vocals, horns, etc and record covers. There are just too many records I haven't heard to make an educated decision about a purchase. I think he would sell more records with those modifications. However, I'm sure he sells enough under his current business paradigm. Peace.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    I turn to craig when I can't find something elsewhere after looking for ages & I think ok so it's a little more but I need that record & at least I know I will have peace of mind as he's mr reliable. Still only bought 3 or 4 bits of him though.

• occasionally I've found some good deals with Moerer and Solid Viper. The best is this guy on GEMM called "RECSIM". The most overpriced records I've ever seen...and he's consistent on egregious overpricing. Some prices are so high you have to wonder whether it's a big joke that he's hoping someone is gullible enough to fall for.

recsim is a joke. he had the REISSUE of Ain't It Funky for 160 dollars!

• I know both the_mack and I walked away happy with our $20 copies of the Soul Cop LP from Mr. Moerer

excuse my little dude ness but what is soul cop ?