Why I Dig b/w Unexpected Tracks

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I spend way too much time digging for records, but I justify it every time I find something new and unexpected that I've never heard before.....especially on a major label.....Mercury sure did put out some unusual stuff.

DivShare File - 04 stou.mp3

DivShare File - 01 stou11.mp3

DivShare File - 01 stou1.mp3

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I spend way too much time digging for records, but I justify it every time I find something new and unexpected that I've never heard before.....especially on a major label.....Mercury sure did put out some unusual stuff.

Hey Rock,

I always wondered what Buckwild sampled for Diamond's "On Stage" from his 2nd LP "Hatred, Passion, and Infidelity" (the 1st mp3 above). That is a cool track, thanks for posting it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

When you got that, I was gonna mention that it was good, but I thought you knew!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that's almost not a turd

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    that's almost not a turd

Let me tell you about turds.

This came from a 3,000 piece Soundtrack collection of which 2,900 of the LP's were REAL turds.

I'm talking totally worthless, undesireable Soundtracks and Show Music

Of those halfway decent remaining 100 LP's, Stoufville Grit would be in the Top Ten.

Turd is a relative term.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    relative turd.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've seen this record around, but was dubious.

If there's a dubious soundtrack I am burned out from seeing too much, it's that Privilege OST on UNI. That thing is Firestone Christmas common.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    I've seen this record around, but was dubious.

If there's a dubious soundtrack I am burned out from seeing too much, it's that Privilege OST on UNI. That thing is Firestone Christmas common.

It is also ass chappingly disappointing.