Sample ID (and MP3) Request: Killarmy "Full Moon."

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Who's that vocal sample in the beginning? Internets say it's either Yolanda Adams' "I Believe I Can Fly" (it's not...at least not the version I found on YouTube) or 5th Dimension's "Requiem - 820 Latham" (same lyrics but not the same voice).

Also, if anybody can provide an mp3 of the OG I'd greatly appreciate it!

Side note: With Prop 8 being overturned, does this mean we're finally ready for the 6-man wedding Killarmy asked us to prepare for??

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Who's that vocal sample in the beginning? Internets say it's either Yolanda Adams' "I Believe I Can Fly" (it's not...at least not the version I found on YouTube) or 5th Dimension's "Requiem - 820 Latham" (same lyrics but not the same voice).

Side note: With Prop 8 being overturned, does this mean we're finally ready for the 6-man wedding Killarmy asked us to prepare for??[/quote

It's the version of Requiem by the group Brooklyn Bridge. I am currently miles away from my records at the moment so I can't send you an mp3. But I am sure my fellow strutters can grant your request. Peace.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Thanks Stratasphere! I'll poke around online and see if I can find it.

• hey Herm/strut

sometimes this site does me wonders for finding alternate versions of songs i know but dont know everyone who covered it.

http://www.secondhandsongs.com/

sometimes it doesnt have what im looking for.

for example, the track in question above isnt listed, but i've found others via this place.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Herm said:

Side note: With Prop 8 being overturned, does this mean we're finally ready for the 6-man wedding Killarmy asked us to prepare for??

I can't really tell you how rad it is that you're listening to Killarmy. The screaming in the intro was always hilarious to me, however I did find myself truly enjoying "Burnin Season" many a time back in high school.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Woimsah said:

I can't really tell you how rad it is that you're listening to Killarmy. The screaming in the intro was always hilarious to me, however I did find myself truly enjoying "Burnin Season" many a time back in high school.

Actually, this is the first time I've heard it! I dismissed it back in the day 'cause I considered them to be a not-so-good version of Wu-Tang. I DL'ed it a couple days ago and I'm liking it right off the bat!

Thanks everybody for the mp3, links, etc!

Herm