hustle faux

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Bought a bootleg and watched this re-edit the other day. Wonderful. It's basically the same as "Hustle & Flow," except that DJ Qualls' character is replaced in its entirety by our own faux_rillz. And "Whoop That Trick" becomes "Ban That Poptart."What's the soulstrut concensus?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    delicious!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bought a bootleg and watched this re-edit the other day. Wonderful. It's basically the same as "Hustle & Flow," except that DJ Qualls' character is replaced in its entirety by our own faux_rillz. And "Whoop That Trick" becomes "Ban That Poptart."

What's the soulstrut concensus?

See, the inclusion of faux_rillz in a movie like this always annoys me. Why is he there in all of his pink shirted glory? To draw in a white audience that is not otherwise interested in the subject matter? Can anybody imagine a white person seeing a preview and saying "I have no inherent interest in watching a movie about a black pimp with rapper fantasies, but I see this film has this white dude in a pink shirt--lemme check that out!" Listening to faux_rillz was painful, especially the part where he explained to the audience that the word "bitch" could pertain to both men and women, or proclaimed that "Every MAYAN hahs the raht tuh drahp a verse!"

• "Every MAYAN hahs the raht tuh drahp a verse!"

• "Every MAYAN hahs the raht tuh play 'Rumpshaker' on a conch shay-ell!"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ZOOM A ZOOM ZOOM
    AND A BOOM BOOM

ZOOM A ZOOM ZOOM
    AND A BOOM BOOM

ZOOM A ZOOM ZOOM
    AND A BOOM BOOM

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    ZOOM A ZOOM ZOOM
    AND A BOOM BOOM

ZOOM A ZOOM ZOOM
    AND A BOOM BOOM

ZOOM A ZOOM ZOOM
    AND A BOOM BOOM

i celebrate teddy riley's entire collection.