Place to price check records?

StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
What would be the most comprehensive website with record pricing?
Im sure this is elementary knowledge on SS, but I never had to deal
with selling records before.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    www.popsike.com
    www.collectorsfrenzy.com
    www.ebay.com

peace,xavier

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    PM me your list

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    discogs.com
    gemm.com

musicstack
    cdandlp

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    mylatency said:
    gemm.com

The worst possible place to pull prices from

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    mylatency said:

gemm.com
    cdandlp

Pay no attention to him. Use only these websites to price all your records. If you can't find a reference for it on either of these sites, it's probably only worth $5 or less.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    No offence Mark but there's stuff you've listed on there, certain titles from Australia, even Henry Mancini records... and it's the only listing in some cases, and the prices are ridiculous for some of that shit... so in saying that, there's no way I would use gemm or cdandlp to price stuff. If I did, my $10 crate of Aussie stuff would be the $80 crate.

May I suggest pricing using the following;
    1. current eBay listings
    2. recently ended eBay listings
    3. current discogs listings
    4. discogs sales history data

and at times, a look at collectorfrenzy / popsike for a little insight into the *HIGHEST* prices paid and trends in pricing can help...

peace.

Kinetic said:
    mylatency said:

gemm.com
    cdandlp

Pay no attention to him. Use only these websites to price all your records. If you can't find a reference for it on either of these sites, it's probably only worth $5 or less.

This is either a cruel joke or the worst advice I've ever read.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Kinetic said:
    mylatency said:

gemm.com
    cdandlp

It has to be your first guess. gemm.com prices are being payed in a parallel universe.

http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?field=ARTIST+OR+TITLE&wild=michael+jackson+thriller&Go;!.x=19&Go;!.y=8&Go;!=Search

disco_che said:
    Horseleech said:
    Kinetic said:
    mylatency said:

gemm.com
    cdandlp

It has to be your first guess. gemm.com prices are being payed in a parallel universe.

http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?field=ARTIST+OR+TITLE&wild=michael+jackson+thriller&Go;!.x=19&Go;!.y=8&Go;!=Search

I will now price all copies of Thriller at $517.02.

Thank you, Gemm.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Mark Egan, does it again!

StoneHands said:
    What would be the most comprehensive website with record pricing?

Basically there isn't one. I know that doesn't help, but at least you get an idea that there is a whole range of prices listed on sites and basically things just sell for what the buyer is willing to pay.

djsheep said:

May I suggest pricing using the following;
    1. current eBay listings
    2. recently ended eBay listings
    3. current discogs listings
    4. discogs sales history data

and at times, a look at collectorfrenzy / popsike for a little insight into the *HIGHEST* prices paid and trends in pricing can help...

peace.

^^^ Sheep's advice is on point, especially if you are really just getting started at learning how to price things. At least you will get a more "current" price vs outdated Goldmine books from 2004