Sly Slick and Wicked- need info plaese

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Alright I have a dope 45 by Sly Slick and Wicked on the people label, track is called sho nuff and I can't get enough of it.Also have a mediocre disco lp on the ju par label by Sly Slick and Wicked.I'm assuming they are by different groups as I just did a little research and there's two different groups called Sly Slick and Wicked. Ones from LA and the other being from Cleveland.To make things a lil more confusing theres another 45 on the bad boys label (is this any good). And a super raer live album.Can someone point me to discography's of both groups. Would be greatly appreciated- thanks fany's.

Comments

• The one on Bad Boy is dope...more on the lowrider soul tip, truly classic and both sides kill it.
    Still want to hear the lp.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Alright I have a dope 45 by Sly Slick and Wicked on the people label, track is called sho nuff and I can't get enough of it.

don't forget to flip it over (unless you've got a promo).

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Unfortunately I have the promo, need the reg one like it owes me money.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    yep, "Ready for You" is quite nice.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The one from LA has a live album I believe with this girl's face on the cover called Get Down Live. Were part of the Chicano rock-soul movement in LA during the 60s. Very rare.

The Cleveland one is the one that did the People/James Brown Prod.45.

so is it safe to assume that the ju par disco group is different than the people, bad boys, live lp Sly Slick and Wicked?

thanks for the info man , looks like we posted at the same time.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Don't forget Sly Slick and Wicked by the Lost Generation on Brunswick. Just to confuse things a bit more.

Haha, yeah that comes up in ebay searches just to make things a little more annoying.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Haha, yeah that comes up in ebay searches just to make things a little more annoying.

Killer dollarbin action defined.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dollarbin? show me the dollarbin where that record chills at, please

• so is it safe to assume that the ju par disco group is different than the people, bad boys, live lp Sly Slick and Wicked?

no, jupar disco group is the people/motown sly slick and Wicked in later years:

jupar/motown/people folls discog

i think yuu can get the east la sly slick and wicked discography in land of 1000 dances (soulrez?).

more info on the name thing here here