Danno is on crutches?

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Since Haz leaked the news and I'm now getting lots questions. Here's the embarrassing truth. Please don't laugh too hard.

Last Thursday, after a night of Indian food and trip to the dollar cinema to watch 'the longest yard'--what a turd!--I caught a bus home. Getting off the bus, I stepped down on my left ankle a little funky and did something wrong enough to send me into shock almost immediately. Recovering enough to realise that I shouldn't be lying on the sidewalk, I hopped to my apartment and had my roomy call a hospital info line. The nurse told roomy that my ankle was probably broken and that I should get my ass to a hospital post haste lest the swelling kill my foot requiring amputation. Amputation? That got me into ermegency fast enough.

After six hours of waiting and several xrays later, I learnt that my ankle was not broken, just severely sprained, and that I should be fine in a week. I'm now able to weight my foot and waddle around with style. The worst of the experience was either sitting in the emergency room surrounded by dudes gashed and bleeding from barfights and having to tell them I busted my ankle getting out of a bus or missing out on a weekend climbing trip with my girl.

The injury is as absurd as it gets. I'm a fairly active climber and I do a lot of things with a real possibility of serious injury, but have I ever hurt myself climbing? Nope. I save that for getting out of the bus. What can you do but laugh?

If anybody wants an autographed picture of me and my crutches, it can be arranged.

For the record, this story is yet one more reason why I???m hiphop.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    If anybody wants an autographed picture of me and my crutches, it can be arranged.

Check your PMs

• Options
    Danno,

THere's a certain type of hospital issued crutch where the foam handles (removable!) look exactly like a hot dog weiner. Oh, the University fun I had with them.

IF not, you can always buy a Powerbar (the tan colored one works best) and mold it into feces.

Hope you got the right issue.

Get Well, Kevin.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Since Haz leaked the news and I'm now getting lots questions. Here's the embarrassing truth. Please don't laugh too hard.

Last Thursday, after a night of Indian food and trip to the dollar cinema to watch 'the longest yard'--what a turd!--I caught a bus home. Getting off the bus, I stepped down on my left ankle a little funky and did something wrong enough to send me into shock almost immediately. Recovering enough to realise that I shouldn't be lying on the sidewalk, I hopped to my apartment and had my roomy call a hospital info line. The nurse told roomy that my ankle was probably broken and that I should get my ass to a hospital post haste lest the swelling kill my foot requiring amputation. Amputation? That got me into ermegency fast enough.

After six hours of waiting and several xrays later, I learnt that my ankle was not broken, just severely sprained, and that I should be fine in a week. I'm now able to weight my foot and waddle around with style. The worst of the experience was either sitting in the emergency room surrounded by dudes gashed and bleeding from barfights and having to tell them I busted my ankle getting out of a bus or missing out on a weekend climbing trip with my girl.

The injury is as absurd as it gets. I'm a fairly active climber and I do a lot of things with a real possibility of serious injury, but have I ever hurt myself climbing? Nope. I save that for getting out of the bus. What can you do but laugh?

For the record, this story is yet one more reason why I???m hiphop.

Danno left out the part about his new addiction to pain killers...

Seriously, tho, its good to see that you're feeling better.

• Options
    PErc's?

K.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    You know it.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    PErc's?

K.

Is that short for percocet? I had that once for an injury - took it before I went to work, not knowing how strong it was. That was wacky. I was on the subway & shit started looking blurry...

I think they gave Danno some extreme codine, mega tylanol thing. It sounded like that was potent, too.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    get better, danno!

Hey, at least you in Canada. In the states that little mishap woulda set you back $5,876,879.09

• Options
    Bingo. Was introduced to it by roofers who seem to have a never ending supply of them. Fun stuff.

K.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Any sympathy cards & raers may be sent to Danno C/O McGill University & Waxing Deep...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

GAME OVER!

(Take those pics away; they'll give me nightmares)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'll trade you a Monty Guy lp for a glossy autographed 8x10, cool? Faux rills tho, git well soon Danno.

• Options
    Wrap socks around the handgrips to stop your hands from smelling like the grips. That shit is nasty after a few days, especially if they are rubber handled. Also wrap some socks around the armpit part, the extra padding helps prevent chafing.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    did you leave the house on crutches just to mail records to me? i'm touched.

BTW: don't get any crazy urges to dance when my package gets to you, OK? the doctor said to rest.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Sorry to hear that man! If it makes you feel any better most people I know that hurt their ankel never have a "cool" story to go with it. Hell half the time even pro football/basketball guys hurt themselves on some standard play when they aren't even near the ball. It's amazing how easy it is to goof your ankle!

Get well soon!

• Woah!

You haven't told me that.

Be careful man!

PS: THIS is Hip Hop

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Wrap socks around the handgrips to stop your hands from smelling like the grips. That shit is nasty after a few days, especially if they are rubber handled. Also wrap some socks around the armpit part, the extra padding helps prevent chafing.

note: make sure the socks are clean first.