Galactic Convertible Music

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• zlatorogzlatorog 66 Posts
    :killin_it:

awesome. thanks. the galactic hot tub mix is still a favorite of mine. can't wait to listen to this here new mix in my car.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i just nit-pickingly noticed a click that my lagging computer left in the final bounce. i'm going to put up the fix tonight. anyone that already DLed, i apologize for jumping the gun.

edit::

OK BACK UP. sorry

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    in case anyone's wondering, the next one will be "galactic toilet music"

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Listening to it at work right now. Brilliant way to start a slow day!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    :killin_it:
    good shit man

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This mix is my shit!

[katwilliams]

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    everything is amazing up here in the galaxy without gravity in this galactic convertible with this mix.

you deed it and it's the besst mayne

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Hot tub was so much my schitt, looking forward to DL'ing this tom

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    daaaymn. maany faves, and the rest? future faves.. best mixtape of the year award.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    already big in japan

• fantastic mix.

can i ask what that track with the chorus "don;t you know that i love you. don;t you know i care.." is? really feeling that one.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    fantastic mix.

can i ask what that track with the chorus "don;t you know that i love you. don;t you know i care.." is? really feeling that one.

love that shit aswell its: jan hammer group - dont you know from the 77 lp melodies.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Can't wait to download this mix man, the Galactic Hot Tub was easily one of my favorite mixes of the past year. Also, are all of your other mixes downloadable in one place? Thanks.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Thanks for all the good words, yall. I really appreciate it. Especially since after working on this for 8 months, I can't even tell if it's good. That's usually when i know it's done...when I can't hear it any more without wanting to gouge my ears out.

There's not really a single place where you can get my older mixes, but i do have some handy:

Solid Serenade (Valentines Mix)

the OG Galactic Hot Tub Music

Rajaz Meter

REM Sleep

REM II is done and being manufactured in France by the guys at Six Ton Armour, so i should have a limited number of those available soon

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    doom said:
    love that shit aswell its: jan hammer group - dont you know from the 77 lp melodies.

Yes, such a fantastic song. I also dig the version sampled by Tony D back in '92. R.I.P.

And to Doc Delay, I'm definitely looking forward to this mix. From "Medium Rare" to the Hottub, all your mixes are essential. Thanks!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This mix kept me awake during some mighty boring drafting. Thanks.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    thanks for doing your thing, 8 months sounds insane. on the real...

ps. those first bars of the come closer blend needs looping and rapps. completely sons dabrye, evidence and everyone else who messed with it before.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    You can definetly tell you put in a lot of work into this mix. Sounds great, congrats and props hommie!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    ridonkulous dude

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Scott said:
    doom said:

Yes, such a fantastic song. I also dig the version sampled by Tony D back in '92. R.I.P.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Scott said:
    doom said:

And to Doc Delay, I'm definitely looking forward to this mix. From "Medium Rare" to the Hottub, all your mixes are essential. Thanks!

Hilarious. My friend played this song to me a while back and I immediately dug it, and remember saying "this is some Galactic Hot Tub schitt". Apparently its some Galactic Convertible Schitt.

Great mix, man!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Great mix, loving that Jan Hammer song too, hadn't heard it before!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    bummer. apparently the streaming version gets converted to mono, and is phasing in parts. obviously this was unintentional, please download it to hear it correctly.

• here's a slightly wimped out but competent cover of that jan hammer tune by some group named "beauty room"...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    here's a slightly wimped out but competent cover of that jan hammer tune by some group named "beauty room"...

I made this remix for my friends from That Handsome Devil. You might recognize the bass line on the chorus.
    That Handsome Devil - Pills For Everything (Doc Delay Remix) by docdelay

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    awesome mix - thank you.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I'm so stoked for this. Huge frickin thanks.

Father in law just hooked up some late 80's audiophile goodness. MP3 Jammin about to commence.

• Thanks

My partner burnt this for the car, she wrote "Gastric Convertible Mix" on the disc.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:

"Gastric Convertible Mix"

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    fuck. that beauty room cover was horrible. so close to the original but in a more pomo-vomit way. respect to them for respecting the architect, but bleh. awesome mix delay. i know this mix will get another few months of play like the last one