Hillbilly/Blues 78 Pron For NZ

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
As promised......these were the highlights of the first of 4 boxes.

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Man, most of those look super clean.

Nice work!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Damn, they're some good finds Rock!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Those labels are clean and sharp. Nice.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

I found it interesting that the main song played in the new film adaptation of The Killer Inside Me
    was by Spade Cooley ... which if you know the story of the film, and you know the story of Spade,
    makes some sense.

l don't know the story of Spade Cooley.

The fact that he chose 2 racial slurs for hls stage nae always turned e off.

Good western swing though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

the fact that you won't spring $10 for a new keyboard turns me off.

does it help that "Cooley" was his real name, not a "stage name?"

and that "Spade" came from his being a card shark?

the dude was an asshole who committed a horrible crime, but your racial slur issue says more about you than him.

SoulOnIce said:
    LaserWolf said:

the fact that you won't spring $10 for a new keyboard turns me off.

does it help that "Cooley" was his real name, not a "stage name?"

and that "Spade" came from his being a card shark?

the dude was an asshole who committed a horrible crime, but your racial slur issue says more about you than him.

Keyboard pisses me off too.

I didn't know the history behind his name. Interesting.
    Don't know about the crime either.
    But the name always hit me wrong. Guess I should research the derivations of peoples names before commenting on them.

I thought card sharks were called Diamond.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Let me get this straight.....

Someone actually believed that a country singer in the 40's, in an attempt to appeal to country music loving rednecks and hillbillies, created a stage name using two derogatory racial epithets.

Nothing surprises me anymore......the human mind is an amazing thing,.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Someone actually believed that a country singer in the 40's, in an attempt to appeal to country music loving rednecks and hillbillies, created a stage name using two derogatory racial epithets.

He's parents are still racist for giving him the name in the first place, and so he's probably racist too. And so are you for listening to his music. And now I am for responding to this thread.

sabadabada said:
    Rockadelic said:

He's parents are still racist for giving him the name in the first place, and so he's probably racist too. And so are you for listening to his music. And now I am for responding to this thread.

This is what happens when the bulk of your education is obtained by listening to Bob Dylan songs.

Rockadelic said:

This was a nice little 78 label thread.

lf you are referring to me, l never said l " believed that a country singer in the 40's, in an attempt to appeal to country music loving rednecks and hillbillies, created a stage name using two derogatory racial epithets"

Not sure why you would think l believe that, since it is not what said.

LaserWolf said:

lf you are referring to me, l never said l " believed that a country singer in the 40's, in an attempt to appeal to country music loving rednecks and hillbillies, created a stage name using two derogatory racial epithets"

LaserWolf said:

The fact that he chose 2 racial slurs for hls stage nae always turned me off.

Amazing.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

LaserWolf said:

Amazing.

He never said it was in an attempt to appeal to country music loving rednecks and hillbillies.

sabadabada said:
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

LaserWolf said:

Amazing.

He never said it was in an attempt to appeal to country music loving rednecks and hillbillies.

Yeah....it was probably an attempt to sabatoge his own career.