Legal Advice (Outstanding Traffic Violations)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
I was pulled over for speeding in a rental car in Virginia in i think 2005. i was sent a few tickets in the mail saying i owed money etc and that my license would be suspended if i didn't pay. they basically stopped sending reminders within that year and my license was never suspended.

i was pulled over most recently a month or so ago and my license was still in tact and i never received another letter.

my question is "what exactly is happening in VA?"

do you think i have a warrant out there? do you think it is kind of washed away? if my outstanding ticket isn't coming up on police computers here will it show up there?

i am going to be in VA for a few days and am just a little nervous.

am i a wanted man there? say i do get pulled over and they know i owe money. is there any way out? is it jail time?

i am just curious because i will be in a colorful RV with some friends (kind of like a magnet for cops)

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    They see me rollin', they hatin', patrollin', tryna catch me ridin dirty...at least you got a theme song for your trip.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    You probably have a warrant and if you were pulled over and they ran your license, the cop would see that.
    The officer may or may not take you in, but at most you would have to pay the fine after they arrest. You still might see some time in holding though.

Been there done that related, I'm not a lawyer.