Serato file analyzing question.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I'm sure this is answered on the Scratch Live boards somewhere, but I couldn't find it after searching for a while.

I recently moved all my mp3's to an external drive. I use the 'read iTunes' feature through Serato and for some reason when I analyze files they won't STAY analyzed. Last night I analyzed about 800 files. Once it was done all those files were properly BPM'ed and everything looked good. Disconnected the external the proper way when I was done. Just now I hooked it back up and all those files I analyzed last night are still there but with no BPM info! What the heck?!

Also, I used to be able to open Serato and click 'analyze files' and it would do so for all the new mp3's I had added since I last ran it. Now whenever I click it it starts to analyze 16,000 files, most of which have already been analyzed AND have all the BPM info already tagged into the mp3. In order to get around that last night I just highlighted all 800 files and dragged them onto the 'analyze' button.

Any ideas?? I'd hate to have to do this before every gig.

Thanks in advance!

Herm

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I had a problem somewhat like this (SSL not properly reading iTunes files/folders) a few months back when my hard drive crashed and I had to re-import everything from an external backup. This is the troubleshooting advice I got, and it worked perfectly for me, so maybe it'll work for your problem as well:

1. Close all programs.
    2. Open up iTunes.
    3. Click on your 'music' to show all the songs in your library.
    4. Select all (apple+a Mac) (ctrl+a PC).
    5. Right click on the highlighted area (PC) or Ctrl+mouse button on the highlighted area (Mac).
    6. Select 'get info' from the drop down menu.
    7. Click 'yes' when asked if you want to edit multiple items.
    8. Click 'ok' at the bottom of the edit page.
    9. Close iTunes completely
    10. Open SSL

EDIT: Upon re-reading, I think I might have misunderstood your problem. Are you saying that there's no BPM info in iTunes or in SSL?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Enki! Sorry, forgot to respond. This seems to have worked though. Thanks!!