NBA DRAFT

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
We usually have one of these threads but admittedly the class of draftees this year is weak.

Is John Wall a sure fire superstar??

Can Demarcus Cousins prove the doubters of his character wrong??

Who will acheive the best salary cap room by giving away players (I'm looking at you Bulls).

The Spurs are the best drafting team in the NBA....James Anderson from Ok State is gonna be solid.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Calipari has 5 first round picks but can't win a National Championship!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Calipari has 5 first round picks but can't win a National Championship!

Any given Saturday in Syracuse - related.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the crowd is hilarious

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    how yall feeling about Evan Turner??
    sixers should bounce back a little next year, but i wont hold my breath

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    tripledouble said:

I worked a few of his games and was VERY impressed... but, if he can make the jump is always the question.

Still, when he played in the NCAA this year, he was always the best player on the floor.

Same goes for Wall, btw... Especially given his age, he looked so far ahead of the competition it was silly. UK was fun to watch, Elite-8 flameout notwithstanding.

• Wall will bring a much-needed energy to my Wizards. With him, Boykins, and now Hinrich as our guard ensemble, we can definitely get some wins. Do I think we're a playoff team?! Maybe a 7 or 8 seed. But all I can say is this. Arenas and Wall will not make a dynamic duo. Arenas needs to be able to run his own team, and this has now become Wall's team.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    tripledouble said:

It's tough being a Philadelphia 76er fan. Frustration comes with the job. Billy King always will be an idiot in my eyes!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Wall will bring a much-needed energy to my Wizards. With him, Boykins, and now Hinrich as our guard ensemble, we can definitely get some wins. Do I think we're a playoff team?! Maybe a 7 or 8 seed. But all I can say is this. Arenas and Wall will not make a dynamic duo. Arenas needs to be able to run his own team, and this has now become Wall's team.

Is Gilbert still in prison and/or a halfway house?

Bulls gave away Hinrich, the No. 17 pick and $3 million and got back... nothing. Oh, my!

Some organization Chicago "chatter" that the Bulls already have a verbal agreement with Joe Johnson and can maybe get him slightly below the max and go straight for Bron-Bron. I would not be mad at that.

• white_tea said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Wall will bring a much-needed energy to my Wizards. With him, Boykins, and now Hinrich as our guard ensemble, we can definitely get some wins. Do I think we're a playoff team?! Maybe a 7 or 8 seed. But all I can say is this. Arenas and Wall will not make a dynamic duo. Arenas needs to be able to run his own team, and this has now become Wall's team.

Is Gilbert still in prison and/or a halfway house?

Bulls gave away Hinrich, the No. 17 pick and $3 million and got back... nothing. Oh, my!

Some organization Chicago "chatter" that the Bulls already have a verbal agreement with Joe Johnson and can maybe get him slightly below the max and go straight for Bron-Bron. I would not be mad at that.

As far as I know, Arenas is still enstated in a halfway house.

I like the Bulls and the Wizards, and I think the Wizards got a winner with Hinrich. But I still think that Chicago comes out on top with this one. They have the tools to be able to win NOW. But adding LeBron and another max agent will guarantee that even more.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rose/Johnson/LeBron = :killin_it:

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    tripledouble said:

It's tough being a Philadelphia 76er fan. Frustration comes with the job. Billy King always will be an idiot in my eyes!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I think King and Doug Collins will be a dream team of mediocrity.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm actually a John Wall skeptic. He might turn out to be a better version of Devin Harris. Super fast, can score like crazy, but is not a real point guard. Basically a new and younger version of Arenas.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    CousinLarry said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    tripledouble said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

kings been gone. yeah, we'll see about collins. at least he knows the game
    and in billy king's defense...he wasnt the one who drafted shawn bradley

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    CousinLarry said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    tripledouble said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

kings been gone. yeah, we'll see about collins. at least he knows the game
    and in billy king's defense...he wasnt the one who drafted shawn bradley

Hey Tripledouble,

I was speaking about the bad picks and poor acquisitions he made back in the day. He was a horrible GM and started the downward spiral leading to the currently shitty Sixer team.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak