st louis breeze thru

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
we're hittin up your city this coming wed & thurs.. anyone tryin to get together for a pitcher of guiness somewhere near vintage vinyl, holler.on a similar note, any suggestions on dj nights to check out on wednesday is appreciated.

Comments

• only place to go on wednesday night is rue13 at washington and 13th downtown.
    my homie kenny kingston has been holdin down the new jack swing / 85 - 95
    megahitz night there for several years. $1 sake, tonnnnnes of hot girls.

record exchange on hampton ave is the spot you wanna hit up - forget vintage vinyl.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    only place to go on wednesday night is rue13 at washington and 13th downtown.
    my homie kenny kingston has been holdin down the new jack swing / 85 - 95
    megahitz night there for several years. $1 sake, tonnnnnes of hot girls.

record exchange on hampton ave is the spot you wanna hit up - forget vintage vinyl.

i know that dude. we went there a couple years back.. so we're at the bar chatting and pause as both of us realize dude dropped st elmo's fire.

those college chicks ate/eat up the 80s.. getting freaky to prince and a-ha!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    we're hittin up your city this coming wed & thurs..

anyone tryin to get together for a pitcher of guiness somewhere near vintage vinyl, holler.

on a similar note, any suggestions on dj nights to check out on wednesday is appreciated.

the u city loop, the only place to be
    but does papa ray still stock vinyl at vintage ??
    +
    euclid's new spot is sik

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    +
    euclid's new spot is sik

euclid is kind of a hike but it's

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    +
    euclid's new spot is sik

euclid is kind of a hike but it's

are euclid's prices still off the hinges?

papa ray still stocks vinyl, not so much though.. we saw him spin once.. he rocked like 4 versions of the bottle back to back, then followed that up with a compared to what mega mix. HOT!

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
    Euclid is a bit pricey but worth the visit. A trip to the Lou wouldn't be complete w/o a stop at Vintage Vinyl. I agree the Loop in U City is the best place to hang on a week night; unless you're adventurous and travel to the East Side!!!!

• A trip to the Lou circa 1998[/b] wouldn't be complete w/o a stop at Vintage Vinyl.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    A trip to the Lou circa 1998[/b] wouldn't be complete w/o a stop at Vintage Vinyl.

yeah vintage is really only good for two month old rap singles for $1.99 and the occasional good 99 cent come-up. and to grill my ex-gf's boyfriend, who works there.

A trip to the Lou circa 1980[/b] wouldn't be complete w/o a stop at Vintage Vinyl.

fela records, dozens of titles, all kinds of sun ra,
    percy chin from chin randy's long distance stocking the reggae bins
    & surly ol' tom telling you that yer musical taste is shit
    as you hand him your money

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    A trip to the Lou circa 1998[/b] wouldn't be complete w/o a stop at Vintage Vinyl.

knock on wood, but Vv been's good to us lately..

the sheer volume of vinyl at rec exchange blows VV out of the water.

anyone ever hit the antique district?

anyone ever hit the antique district?

wtf ? where is that ??

• knock on wood, but Vv been's good to us lately..

I found this among some other things in there on a quick trip to STL last summmer.

That made seeing the A's get swupt by the Cards a little easier to handle.

But yeah Record Exchange is insane. For anyone who hasn't been, it's what must have been an old fairly large public library converted to a record store and instead of aisles and aisles and aisles of books, it's all records. I spent like 4 hours in there. FUN!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

yeah vintage is really only good for two month old rap singles for $1.99 and the occasional good 99 cent come-up.

just got back back in town last night..

anyone who has ever hated on VV will hate no longer after i post up some pics.

dave pike - 'jazz set' minty doubles anyone?