Donnie Brasco - Godfather Don

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Has this been discussed on here?
This previously unreleased album, which consists of 11 tracks of self-produced, guest-free, classic NY Hip Hop, has languished in the Hydra tape vaults for nearly 10 years and was nearly lost altogether. Recorded from 1999- 2001, Don debuts his alter ego Donnie Brasco, a reference to the 1997 Al Pacino Mob flick of the same name, and exhibits a style that evolved from his complex debut (Hazardous, 1991) and sophomore (Diabolique, 1997) albums into a more "realness"-influenced series of narratives, perhaps taking a cue from his work with Screwball, Ayatollah and other more street-oriented acts.

Godfather Don - Donnie Brasco

Lost nineties street album from GFD? dropped recently and the leak is out there.
Liking it so far.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    ehhhhhhhh

• I woulda kept that schitt in the vaults.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    see I always have room for more generic straight up and down east coast rap like this. the sound on this is sparse - & still I prefer this to anything by juvenile/drake/rick ross/lil whoever and all of that synthed out moronic shit that's out there. But then again i still bump shook ones and hell on earth.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    not bad at all....i didnt even check for it. don has gotta be the king of the new released from the vaults projects that have been carted out the last few years. hes had his cutting room floor stuff put out like 4-5 times. a lot of it was, meh. but this does sound worthy