Need advice on shipping 70+ records

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I have a whole crate of hip hop that I just want to be rid of, hence a lot sale.I'm unsure of the best way to package these, though. I was thinking:1. Boxing an actual "crate" with buffers on the end and then bubble wrapping the crap out of it, filling in gaps with peanuts.or2. Wrapping the stack in paper by it's sides, then securely taping the stack together over the paper wrap, then bubble wrap + peanuts in box.Advice from anyone whose moved a mid size lot like this?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    bind them tightly together (bag, cellophane, multiple bags taped together). wrap in bubble wrap. get box similar to the size needed. cut down to height and width necessary and ensconce them in packaging, bubble wrap, peanuts, etc, depending on box size. i sent ten jillion records to myself from NOLA via ups, the box was trashed but not one record had any problems!
    Peace
    T.N.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I have a whole crate of hip hop that I just want to be rid of, hence a lot sale.

I'm unsure of the best way to package these, though. I was thinking:

1. Boxing an actual "crate" with buffers on the end and then bubble wrapping the crap out of it, filling in gaps with peanuts.

or

2. Wrapping the stack in paper by it's sides, then securely taping the stack together over the paper wrap, then bubble wrap + peanuts in box.

Advice from anyone whose moved a mid size lot like this?

Thanks in advance.

either way works just as long as you're NOT using usps. ups or fedex will handle them with care.. we bought 200-300 records from a unnamed strutter and he simply threw them in boxes, surrounded them with peanuts and dropped them at fedex. they arrived in perfect condition.

• Get the Uhaul box. fill the empty space with peanuts, then bubble and tape the shit out of the outside.

Uhaul box gotta hold like 100+...

I wouldn't give such a vote of confidence to UPS (or FedEX for that matter):

http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/

• UPS broke a cast iron bench I ordered.

How the HELL do you break cast iron in the friggin MAIL???

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Thanks guys,

Yeah, I've found UPS to be the very definition of heart attack upon arrival.

Had to ship an sp-1200 out for repair once, and the box came back with 3 sides. Thank the lord my karma was in full reserve; the unit was fine.

UPS

• mooneymooney 48 Posts
    get box similar to the size needed. cut down to height and width necessary T.N.

This is great advice. I get hundreds of records shippped from distributors every
    week. Everybody ships UPS and heads the above mentioned advice.
    You just want the records to be packed together as tight as possible.

Check uline.com for boxes.

Good Luck

• I wouldn't give such a vote of confidence to UPS (or FedEX for that matter):

http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/

damn homie