frank zappa BOBBY BROWN

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
anyone hear this song? just got back from germany and this tune is from 1979 and still in MAJOR rotation out there. peace,stein. . .

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    does anyone know if it's about Bobby Brown (the SoCal private press dude)?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Anyone ever discover any information about the socal private press dude? He's the first person I ask about whenever I meet some socal hippie who's been down since day one. Seems like no one knows anything about him though.

Anyone ever discover any information about the socal private press dude? He's the first person I ask about whenever I meet some socal hippie who's been down since day one. Seems like no one knows anything about him though.

A guy I used to buy records from in OC told me he used to park his van at the Orange Coast College flea market (in Costa Mesa) & play back in the late 70's or early 80's.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    It was a HUGE hit in Sweden, every middle aged Swedish person could sing the lyrics if you woke 'em up in the middle of the night and asked them. Kinda unfair, since nobody's heard of Hot rats over here. I guess it wasn't being played on american radio like it was over here...

• HamHam 872 Posts
    anyone hear this song? just got back from germany and this tune is from 1979 and still in MAJOR rotation out there. peace,stein. . .

the thing about that is, germans & swedes etc never understood what the song was about, and just danced to it like any other disco song...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Like Chi Chi Man by T.O.K. - A friend of mine says "I love this song", then I tell 'em what it's about... Classic scenario.

• okay i just got the lp from bagatelle. it's called "sheik yerbouti".
    zappa good. peace, stein. . .

• "sheik yerbouti".

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Yo, stein.

I dunno if you saw heard this UD mashup the first time it was posted up, but anyway...

Whoa, Einstein man...

Check out what I found on sale over at www.htfr.com in the mashups section.......

Ugly Duckling Vs Sugababes - SAMBA FREAK

• zappa light years ahead of folls. peace, stein. . .

• mr lee, i have that one on a 7 inch. peace, stein. . .

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• does anyone know if it's about Bobby Brown (the SoCal private press dude)?

are you talking about that dude that looks like martina navratilova? i thought dude was from norcal.

• hahahaha

• hahahaha

yikes! that's him, tho, right? dude with like the swiss family robinson orchestral set-up. like, dude has pianos and shit fashioned out of bamboo talking about space aliens and shit.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    need more frank zappa threads

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

dont use my own creation against me

but for real, why not?Zappa is a trailblazer and is the essence of genius, and is soooo damn hip hop on top of that.

listen to this sheit by zappa and tell me who was phucking with anything close like this back in 1966. That's right, 1966.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I4FKBP7TWI4B3E9OFZM6TY6ER

^read this. its great.

• Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(!)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've tried to like Zappa, but I just don't like "funny" rock, and he is the inventor, master, purveyor and Public Enemy #1 of that style.

does anyone know if it's about Bobby Brown (the SoCal private press dude)?

are you talking about that dude that looks like martina navratilova? i thought dude was from norcal.

yeah, yer right. Sacramento I think.

had to do it.

• Soi
    Don???t let Zappa???s brand of satire and sophomoric humor get in the way of his music.