Three 6 Mafia-"Gotta Stay High"?

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Dude, haven't you heard.
    It Mariah she's on fire.

• I must have missed the memo

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    check the old thread that was revived last week

it was decided that mariah took the crown by default although some dispute the 'jam' status of a ballad

• yeah, I cant see that being the summer jam. I tend to associate summer jam with shit you hear in the streets/clubs/etc

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yeah, I cant see that being the summer jam. I tend to associate summer jam with shit you hear in the streets/clubs/etc

there isnt one

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    yeah, I cant see that being the summer jam. I tend to associate summer jam with shit you hear in the streets/clubs/etc

there isnt one

Word up. And I thought last summer was bad!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Shig tells me that that Mariah is real big on his street.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

there isnt one

I would rather have no summer jam than "Lean Back"

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

there isnt one

Yeah, I was gonna mention "Lean Back". At least it doesn't seem like people are pretending there's a summer jam like they did with that one.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

there isnt one

Fat Joe brought it even harder with that head banga "Get It Poppin" ....

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    that new david banner.

• ayoayo 44 Posts
    why not "jamrock" or "so seductive"?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    why not "jamrock" or "so seductive"?

them too.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    "jamrock"

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    based on this past weekend's gig, the pussycat dolls is gonna be big with those who like BEP pants wetting

based on this past weekend's gig, the pussycat dolls is gonna be big with those who like BEP pants wetting

I think that's been big for awhile--if I've been subjected to it inside my little cocoon, it's gotta be big.

• guess mine is "one thing" amerie. i think this song is going to last. peace, stein.

Yo, all these are summer jams, but they are not THE SUMMER JAM.

No song took over the radio/clubs this summer, all the tracks that were boomin at the beginning of the summer have faded from the airwaves and none of the late comers have taken over. Summer is almost over, so the JAM is a no show this time around.

I wish that Jamrock had done it, but it didn't get picked up by the masses.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

one of the girls in that group went to my high school,

dumb as a rock but can sign and dance like a motha, and is HAWT to boot.

as far as I can tell the jam round these parts is and has been AND THEN WHAT

and even though I'm a fan of both mannie and jeezy I'm not big on that one

BACK THEN is still getting a lot of play too

but really- that Mariah song gets CONSTANT rotation

and a coversation overheard OUT IN THE WORLD yesterday deemed it the 'summer song'

• I wish that Jamrock had done it, but it didn't get picked up by the masses.

Yeah man, I heard it last on 100.3 the Beat and Power 106 (LA) within 5 minutes of each other during the 5pm drive time mixes. Surprised it hasn't blown up more.

No song took over the radio/clubs this summer, all the tracks that were boomin at the beginning of the summer have faded from the airwaves and none of the late comers have taken over. Summer is almost over, so the JAM is a no show this time around.

How did we get hung up this idea of the summer jam, though?

I'm not sure how productive trying to identify a single song is, anyway--I can think of lots of years past when there were half a dozen different summer jams, rather than a single summer jam to rule them all.

If anything, the existence of a lone supreme and uncontested summer jam indicates the paucity of credible alternatives, i.e., a bad summer.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Houston rap is the summer jam.

I'm not sure how productive trying to identify a single song is, anyway--I can think of lots of years past when there were half a dozen different summer jams, rather than a single summer jam to rule them all.

If anything, the existence of a lone supreme and uncontested summer jam indicates the paucity of credible alternatives, i.e., a bad summer.

I don't know, just cause one song is a call to arms for a period of time doesn't mean that there can't be lots of other hits at the same time. Think about last fall and into early spring when "Drop it" got the party retarded EVERY time. Like crack it was. That is what I mean by THE JAM, and this sumer didn't have one.

Even though "Lean Back" was crap, it destroyed every time.

Do you want to go thorugh the last five years? I bet almost every one of em had a JAM.

I don't know, just cause one song is a call to arms for a period of time doesn't mean that there can't be lots of other hits at the same time. Think about last fall and into early spring when "Drop it" got the party retarded EVERY time. Like crack it was. That is what I mean by THE JAM, and this sumer didn't have one.

Even though "Lean Back" was crap, it destroyed every time.

Do you want to go thorugh the last five years? I bet almost every one of em had a JAM.

Actually, I would like to do that--not as a challenge to you, but because I think it would be an interesting discussion. I'd like to go back ten years, in fact... I think I'll start a new thread.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    This search for the summer jam is getting ridiculous.

-e

Next stop: :: SUMMER JAM

• awallawall 673 Posts
    Three 6 Mafia-"Gotta Stay High"
    for me at least, this is it. or maybe one of those new missy songs.

by the way, has anyone noticed the similarity to the beat for "lose control" and this poison clan song? ::

• yeah, I cant see that being the summer jam. I tend to associate summer jam with shit you hear in the streets/clubs/etc

Shig tells me that that Mariah is real big on his street.

um, dogg? the word on the street is that new shakira album is how you say, firme.