Psych Price Guide?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
there is this book? or price guide? hardcover. i remember it being rather expensive and/or hard to find but i am looking for a copy but can't think of the name

any help?

Comments

• Do you mean the Pokora books?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    djmario said:
    Do you mean the Pokora books?

maybe?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I too know the book of which you speak. Call Freakbeat Records in Los Angeles, sure they still have copies.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    I too know the book of which you speak. Call Freakbeat Records in Los Angeles, sure they still have copies.

but do you know said books name?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    behemoth said:
    Woimsah said:

Acid Archives, maybe?

MoogMan said:
    behemoth said:
    Woimsah said:

Acid Archives, maybe?

Nah it's not that one, at least not the one of which I'm speaking. It's a smaller book...and unfortunately I can't remember the name.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    djmario said:

Yeah, it is probably the Pokora - Record Collector Dreams series.

http://psychedelic-music.com/book.html

billbradley said:
    djmario said:

Nah it's actually another small yet thick book -- at least that's the one that I'm thinking of. But ya, the title still escapes me.

Tellin ya, call Freakbeat. They'll definitely know / still have it.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    billbradley said:
    djmario said:

i am wondering why those pokora books are perpetually out of print and/or being sold for $100+. how about keeping them in print, selling more copies? they seem to make a handful of them thats it.

happily someone pdf'ed them all, though i forget what blog had the downloads.

• karlophone said:
    happily someone pdf'ed them all, though i forget what blog had the downloads.
    Here.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Neither the Pokora or Acid Archives books are price guides, though the Pokora has a (very approximate) rarity rating.

Both books seem to be updated periodically which is one reason they aren't always in print.