I Am Legend movie question

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I'm watching I Am Legend on TBS right now and I have to ask others their opinions of a scene in the movie. In the middle of the movie when Will Smith sees one of his mannequins from the video store sitting on the road that leads to him getting caught in a lasso trap, that was set by the leader of the infected right because Will Smith's character had kidnapped his girlfriend in an earlier scene right?

Comments

• Found a shot of her elbow.

• if i can remember correctly yes.

i personally liked the movie, other than the cgi "vampires'.they didnt look so convincing to me.
    the alternate ending was good as well, where the cure works on the female and he, the lady and the kid drive through the country to meet up with others.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont recall any connection between the girl/kid and the Virus Zombie.

So the VZ saw Bob Marley lookin at the mannequins and decided to use one as bait?

• I think in the book (by Richard Matheson, pride of my hometown Allendale, NJ), the zombies are more intelligent like vampires, which would explain them setting the trap. There is some sort of spin where the main character is viewed as the murdering hunting monster and the zombies are the victims.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Otis, didn't read the book but read some reviews and that's what it's about. The title is that the main character has become a legend amongst the vampires because he has killed so many of them. The movie obviously changed a lot, but it does play on the fact that Will Smiths' character completely misreads the infected thinking that they are mindless brutes when their leader is trying to get his woman back and Smith has killed probably hundreds of them with his experiments.