NCAA crackdown on USC, thoughts?

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
USC's football, women's basketball and men's basketball all got slapped by the NCAA for having their players get gifts and money while they played there. Anyone surprised? I predict Kentucky basketball will be next as every team Calipari has ever coached gets busted eventually for the same kind of infractions.

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    F$C.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    new seahawks coach pete carroll is shocked...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    He got out of town right on time

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i support any and all smackdowns of usc.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Calipari is about as dirty as they come...but as long as his guys are one and done he'll probably avoid getting caught up.......The USC penalties are ridiculously heavy handed considering the violations were by 2 players.....sanctions this harsh usually involve a corrupt program or a group of players involved in something elaborate ....also, considering The Basketball team's self imposed sanctions were accepted by NCAA it's obvious this has more to do with USC Football's lack of cooperation with the investigators and all-around arrogance....

• Lane Kiffin has just entered a situation worse than the Raiders. But what's the real hurting point are the revoked scholarships. I can understand taking away the wins and making them ineligible for Bowls for the next 2 years, but taking away scholarships from the students?! The fact that some of these students' academic careers are in jeopardy is the real concern.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    It's USC, either you hate them or you are a poptart with extra frosting...fusk them with oustretched fingers, no glove...and take Reggie's Heisman away or you're soft.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    It's USC, either you hate them or you are a poptart with extra frosting...fusk them with oustretched fingers, no glove...and take Reggie's Heisman away or you're soft.

HA! Everything Harvey just said.

Folks wouldn't believe how asshurt Trojan fans are being in local press right now. Predictably pathetic.

I don't know how the school's AD hasn't been given the heave-ho yet. His comments are beyond arrogant.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Harv:

What do you think of the possibility of Texas joining the Pac-10?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    motown67 said:
    I predict Kentucky basketball will be next as every team Calipari has ever coached gets busted eventually for the same kind of infractions.

i KNOW john wall was getting paid out the ass while at UK. nothing compared to the 25mil he just got from Reebok though...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Harv:

What do you think of the possibility of Texas joining the Pac-10?

I'm good with it as I like Pac-10 game destinations way better than either Big12 or SEC.