No, Really, What the? (Pete Rock Remix, Jamal Rel)

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I was looking for a double of this 12" on eBay and happened to come across a copy http://cgi.ebay.com/HIP-HOP-record-JAMAL-FADES-EM-ALL-pete-rock-remix_W0QQitemZ4750341857QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but it already sold...for 86 dollars. WTF. Is this foreal or just eBay madness.

Comments

• wow, that's wild

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I didn't know there was a picture cover of it. I bought the plain Rowdy Records cover one for 1.99 some time ago. Maybe it's the picture cover???

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    what's crazy is this : Old PR rekkids worth more and more money with time passing by. On a contrary, he don't sell much beats and surely charge less than before. Weird logic...unless this is it : people want that old sound and don't like PR anymore. I must admit that i kinda miss the Hi-Hat from "Gotta Give The People".

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    I was looking for a double of this 12" on eBay and happened to come across a copy http://cgi.ebay.com/HIP-HOP-record-JAMAL-FADES-EM-ALL-pete-rock-remix_W0QQitemZ4750341857QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but it already sold...for 86 dollars. WTF. Is this foreal or just eBay madness.

I've seen this many times for $3-8. The non-remix version of the 12" has the same picture except it's brown instead of blue. It's not even that good, even more boring than the album version IMHO. Only essential stuff IMO is the other 12" (w/ the dope Erick Sermon piano beat) and maybe the 2LP with that nice Redman collabo.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    what's crazy is this : Old PR rekkids worth more and more money with time passing by.

seriously?? I thought interest in all but the promo-only shit had pretty much died out...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    what's crazy is this : Old PR rekkids worth more and more money with time passing by. On a contrary, he don't sell much beats and surely charge less than before. Weird logic...unless this is it : people want that old sound and don't like PR anymore. I must admit that i kinda miss the Hi-Hat from "Gotta Give The People".

It only takes two nutjobs to push a Jamal 12" up to $86 on eBay; it takes interest on the part of a much larger group of people for a producer to demand serious money for his work. Nothing too complicated about that.

agreed.
    but still.
    look at all the "fading" producers from the 90's. They got a good rep but still rappers don't buy their beats anyway. It's just funny to me. No theory behind it tho'...i was talking loud and saying nothing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    agreed.
    but still.
    look at all the "fading" producers from the 90's. They got a good rep but still rappers don't buy their beats anyway. It's just funny to me. No theory behind it tho'...i was talking loud and saying nothing.

They have a "good rep" amongst the sorts of people that post on SoulStrut, but that's a tiny subset of the music-buying population.

Amongst the general population they have no rep at all.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

That is a dope remix... I like both versions... but $86? woah.

Amongst the general population they have no rep at all

ok you won...