"Baby Cooing" Sound Bite?

fredwagnerfredwagner 7 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2010-06-10_4206966398176087/sfx/baby_x.wav

It was used in "Are You That Somebody" by Aaliyah and a DJ Shadow skit, and I'm sure in many other places. I'm wondering where/when this sound came from. I think it is at least 25 years old.

Was it, perhaps, originally recorded for a library record or something? Does anybody have it on an old record? If so, what year?

Thanks,
rs

Comments

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    Ummm it might be from a Paul horn lp? Not certain though.

• I hate to be the one that says take that shit to the breaks. But I absolutely remember a thread there a long time ago was exactly about this. I'm 99% sure they name the record and everything.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    damn. heard it the other day. meant to take note, but forgot.

• i know it's in the beginning of carmen - time to move -- i think it's only on the 45 version (anybody got a spare on the cheap?!?!), but i could have sworn it was on some random sound effects record that i had in the past (the elektra series or something like that?)..

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I posted this in the previous thread about this and the earliest version I know of is Perrey and Kingsley. I'm pretty sure it's sound from way out. Can't confirm if they recorded it or if it's from an early library of stock sounds

Controller_7 said:
    I posted this in the previous thread about this and the earliest version I know of is Perrey and Kingsley. I'm pretty sure it's sound from way out. Can't confirm if they recorded it or if it's from an early library of stock sounds
    Yeah man it's either that or the "electronic pop" one with that dope music machine drawing on the cover. Damn my memory is getting bad in my old age

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

this is the one i was thinking of...this record rules!